"unknown" command HELP
Author Message
 "unknown" command HELP

I am in the process of writing a TCL front-end to a de{*filter*}.  Here's
my dilema-

TCL is going to try to parse a command received from the prompt.  If
the command isn't a TCL command then I want to pass the command to the
de{*filter*} interpreter.  I thought that I could best accomplish this by
defining an "unknown" command, but it never seems to be called after I
add it to the TCL interpreter. If I call it anything other than
"unknown" and try to execute it directly, I'm fine.  Is there a
special format for unknown?  Currently, all the command does is print
out the args passed to it.  Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong here?

    -Arch
   Arch L. Moberly, Jr.        Carnegie Mellon School of Computer Science

Sat, 16 Dec 1995 22:08:44 GMT
 "unknown" command HELP

Quote:
>I am in the process of writing a TCL front-end to a de{*filter*}.  Here's
>my dilema-

>TCL is going to try to parse a command received from the prompt.  If
>the command isn't a TCL command then I want to pass the command to the
>de{*filter*} interpreter.  I thought that I could best accomplish this by
>defining an "unknown" command, but it never seems to be called after I
>add it to the TCL interpreter. If I call it anything other than
>"unknown" and try to execute it directly, I'm fine.  Is there a
>special format for unknown?  Currently, all the command does is print
>out the args passed to it.  Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong here?

I don't have any ideas what you're doing wrong, but I just tried this:

tcl>proc unknown {args} {puts stdout "'unknown' command executed with args of '$args'"}
tcl>asdfjlk asdjfkl asdfjkl asdfjkl
'unknown' command executed with args of 'asdfjlk asdjfkl asdfjkl asdfjkl'
tcl>

--

"Only a brave person is willing honestly to admit, and fearlessly to face,
 what a sincere and logical mind discovers." -- Rodan of Alexandria

Tue, 19 Dec 1995 01:07:48 GMT

1. "Unknown Command: -quiet" in mingw

2. "unknown" command usage

3. "unknown" command usage

4. Help with an "unknown" APL2 symbol

5. Help wanted: "Menu to" command

6. Need help: "invalid command tcl_findLibrary"

7. need help with "python" command

8. HELP with "exec" command

9. Q: help with "entry" command

10. Q: help with using "pack" command

11. Unknown Variable "%AppTemplateFamily"

12. ERROR "Corrupt Block/Unknown Block Freed"