Problems with https and proxyserver 
Author Message
 Problems with https and proxyserver

Hello all together,

I have a problem with https and proxyserver configuration

The following 2 code snippets work really fine:

# first snippet
package require http
package require tls

http::register https <https-port> tls::socket

set token [http::geturl https://...]
...
# second snippet
package require http

http::config -proxyhost <proxy-host> -proxyport <proxy-port>

set token [http::geturl http://...]
...
##########

but combining these snippets doesn't work:

package require http
package require tls

http::register https <https-port> tls::socket
http::config -proxyhost <proxy-host> -proxyport <proxy-port>

set token [http::geturl https://...]

# tcl is now consuming a lot of cpu time independent of the underlying OS
(Linux or Windows)
##########

What am I doing wrong here?

The same request "https://..." from within a browser (firefox or IE) works
fine.
Using the autoproxy package on Windows makes no differnece to my results.

Thanks in advance for any help

Regards

Wolfgang Grosser



Fri, 12 Dec 2008 14:13:44 GMT  
 Problems with https and proxyserver

Quote:

>Hello all together,

>I have a problem with https and proxyserver configuration

[snip]

>http::register https <https-port> tls::socket
>http::config -proxyhost <proxy-host> -proxyport <proxy-port>

>set token [http::geturl https://...]

>The same request "https://..." from within a browser (firefox or IE) works
>fine.
>Using the autoproxy package on Windows makes no differnece to my results.

Try the current CVS version of the autoproxy package. This has got a
new procedure to handle SSL over HTTP proxies which wasn't previously
handled. To use it you do:

 package require tls
 package require autoproxy
 http::register https 443 ::autoproxy::tls_socket

The tls_socket comment can then handle talking to the proxy in clear
followed by upgrading the link to SSL once it gets a channel to the
target server.

--
Pat Thoyts                            http://www.patthoyts.tk/
To reply, rot13 the return address or read the X-Address header.
PGP fingerprint 2C 6E 98 07 2C 59 C8 97  10 CE 11 E6 04 E0 B9 DD



Fri, 12 Dec 2008 18:12:08 GMT  
 Problems with https and proxyserver

Quote:


>>Hello all together,

>>I have a problem with https and proxyserver configuration

> [snip]

>>http::register https <https-port> tls::socket
>>http::config -proxyhost <proxy-host> -proxyport <proxy-port>

>>set token [http::geturl https://...]

>>The same request "https://..." from within a browser (firefox or IE) works
>>fine.
>>Using the autoproxy package on Windows makes no differnece to my results.

> Try the current CVS version of the autoproxy package. This has got a
> new procedure to handle SSL over HTTP proxies which wasn't previously
> handled. To use it you do:

>  package require tls
>  package require autoproxy
>  http::register https 443 ::autoproxy::tls_socket

> The tls_socket comment can then handle talking to the proxy in clear
> followed by upgrading the link to SSL once it gets a channel to the
> target server.

Looks good. Thank you for the very fast reply.


Fri, 12 Dec 2008 21:55:42 GMT  
 
 [ 3 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. HTTP server behind a firewall ? (Proxyserver)

2. Problems with Net::HTTPS in ruby-1.8.0-preview3

3. Problems with net/https :(

4. Problem with HTTPS request

5. CGI Empty Form problem (over https)

6. HTTPS or not?

7. Support for https/ssl

8. https / SSL connection??

9. Images loading with VWserver on HTTPS

10. python https support

11. Automating http/https pulls using Rexx

12. SOAP4R & https

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software