Removing widgets from frames, why frames don't resize to 0x0
Author Message
 Removing widgets from frames, why frames don't resize to 0x0

I have an application that I have a frame that contains some
widgets.  I have to pack and unpack the widgets from the frame and
was having problems with the unpacking of the last widget.  When I
unpack the last widget, the frame will not resize to 0x0.

The fix that I have put into place currently is that I force the
size of the frame to be 0x1 each time a widget is removed.  That
way when the last widget is removed it's resized to 0x1.  When
there is a widget removed and it's not the last widget the resize
to 0x1 has no effect.

The other fix I thought of was if I knew when the last widget was
removed and the first widget was packed I would be able to pack
and unpack the frame respectfully.  I don't have a counter for the
number of widgets packed so I didn't think this was as good.

Why is this a problem?  Why are frames not able to be resized to
0x0?

John Holtz

Thu, 02 Jan 1997 23:09:43 GMT

1. how to resize frame widget?

2. ??? Tkinter destroy() - Remove a widget from a frame.

3. Remove/Replace Tkinter Widget from Frame

4. Java in frame can't get instance of Java EAI + VRML in another frame

5. Frame doesn't fill up after resize.

6. Transparent frames don't quite work on W98

7. links in html-frame affecting vrml-frame

8. Movietexture Frame by Frame control

9. Q:wpy - multiple frames within main frame

10. resources for vtcl - hide frames and display new frames

11. How do I pack things in a frame in a toplevel frame

12. WIN2K: frame open right but MDI windows are iconized and if resized are empy