Tcl Plugin 2.0 first beta release
Author Message
 Tcl Plugin 2.0 first beta release

We are pleased to (finally) announce the first beta
release (2.0.3-beta) of the Tcl Plugin for the Web browsers.

 Please visit http://www.*-*-*.com/

The Web pages and the docs are not yet fully polished but
this is our TODO for next week, as well as adding more binary
releases...  If you don't yet see your favorite OS on the download
page above, wait a couple of days or grab the source release and
build your very own plugin !

   Jacob Levy & Laurent Demailly

Ps: + This is still beta software... Send your bug reports, comments,... to

    + You'll find Unixes and Windows version, but not yet a Mac version, not
      even in the source release, it is a work in progress...

    + A fully offical announce will come on comp.lang.tcl.announce
      when we'll have updated the web pages and if we don't receive
      too many bug reports ;-) This is a 'pre announce' so you can
      play with the latest plugin this Weekend !

--

Tue, 28 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Tcl Plugin 2.0 first beta release

    dl> We are pleased to (finally) announce the first beta release
    dl> (2.0.3-beta) of the Tcl Plugin for the Web browsers.
    [...]
    dl> If you don't yet see your favorite OS on the download page
    dl> above, wait a couple of days or grab the source release and
    dl> build your very own plugin !

Kudos to the Sun team, especially for releasing the source.  However, it
seems to interact badly with Netscape 3.01 on HP-UX 9.  Netscape core
dumps with an ABORT message whenever I try to run a tcllet :-(

roland
--

     Muller Data Corp, 395 Hudson Avenue, New York, NY 10014 USA

Sat, 01 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Tcl Plugin 2.0 first beta release

If the plugin does not even start loading, you probably
have a linking problem, you might consider adding "-lm"
and maybe "-lX11" or maybe even the same kind of trick needed
on SunOS4 : linking statically with Xt because Netscape seems
to use their own (modified/different) copy (see the Toplevel
README)

When you'll find out what is wrong, I'd love to get your
Makefile and infos so I can update the "System specific notes"

Thanks a lot

ps: for people taking the thread in the middle you can get the
    latest plugin release from
    http://sunscript.sun.com/plugin/download.html

Quote:

>     dl> We are pleased to (finally) announce the first beta release
>     dl> (2.0.3-beta) of the Tcl Plugin for the Web browsers.
>     [...]
>     dl> If you don't yet see your favorite OS on the download page
>     dl> above, wait a couple of days or grab the source release and
>     dl> build your very own plugin !

> Kudos to the Sun team, especially for releasing the source.  However, it
> seems to interact badly with Netscape 3.01 on HP-UX 9.  Netscape core
> dumps with an ABORT message whenever I try to run a tcllet :-(

--

Sun, 02 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Tcl Plugin 2.0 first beta release

Does anyone know of any plans for an IncrTcl plugin for Netscape?

Kind regards,

Niek

Tue, 04 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Tcl Plugin 2.0 first beta release

Quote:

>     dl> We are pleased to (finally) announce the first beta release
>     dl> (2.0.3-beta) of the Tcl Plugin for the Web browsers.
>     [...]
>     dl> If you don't yet see your favorite OS on the download page
>     dl> above, wait a couple of days or grab the source release and
>     dl> build your very own plugin !

> Kudos to the Sun team, especially for releasing the source.  However, it
> seems to interact badly with Netscape 3.01 on HP-UX 9.  Netscape core
> dumps with an ABORT message whenever I try to run a tcllet :-(

I can't get the Windows version to load at all.  Windows 95 Netscape
3.01

Wed, 05 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. ANNOUNCE: First Alpha release of Tcl Plugin 2.0

2. First beta release of d2c CodeWarrior plugin available

3. Tcl Plugin 2.0 source release update

4. ANNOUNCE: First beta release of Tcl-DP, Version 3.3

5. ANNOUNCE: ActiveState TclPro 2.0 Beta 1 release and Tcl Webcast

6. Second beta release of d2c CodeWarrior plugin available

7. First alpha release of d2c CodeWarrior plugin available

8. First beta release for gawk 3.1.3

9. Announcing the first beta release of the Technical Analysis Library

10. ANN: the first beta of PySNMP 3.x has been released

11. ANN: First beta release of Jython-2.1

12. ANNOUNCE: JPE, the Java-Python Extension - first beta release