Building extension DLL with cygwin
Author Message
 Building extension DLL with cygwin

Hi --

What's the incantation for compiling an extension dll w/ gcc and cygwin?

Thanks!

Ranjan Bagchi

Sat, 24 Jul 2004 12:43:32 GMT
 Building extension DLL with cygwin

> What's the incantation for compiling an extension dll w/ gcc and cygwin?

With gcc and cygwin?  Forget it.  mingw however should work.
You can check out the latest 8.4cvs sources for a working set
of configure and makefiles that does it.

--
  Jeff Hobbs                     The Tcl Guy
  Senior Developer               http://www.ActiveState.com/

Sat, 24 Jul 2004 13:46:20 GMT
 Building extension DLL with cygwin

Quote:

>Hi --

>What's the incantation for compiling an extension dll w/ gcc and cygwin?

>Thanks!

>Ranjan Bagchi

Have a look at the wiki - http://mini.net/tcl/mingw*

I think you'll be needing -mnocygwin though.

--
Pat Thoyts          http://www.zsplat.freeserve.co.uk/resume.html
To reply, rot13 the return address or read the X-Address header.

Sat, 24 Jul 2004 15:24:39 GMT
 Building extension DLL with cygwin

> > What's the incantation for compiling an extension dll w/ gcc and cygwin?

> With gcc and cygwin?  Forget it.  mingw however should work.
> You can check out the latest 8.4cvs sources for a working set
> of configure and makefiles that does it.

The 8.3.4 version of Tcl should also build with Cygwin + Mingw gcc
but the build instructions are in the 8.4 version.

If you just want to read the build instructions, follow this link:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/tcl/tcl/win...

cheers
Mo

Sat, 24 Jul 2004 15:35:39 GMT
 Building extension DLL with cygwin

I am not agree, it works with cygwin
Here is a black makefile spell and a file showing how to declare the entry
point of the dll.

>> What's the incantation for compiling an extension dll w/ gcc and cygwin?

> With gcc and cygwin?  Forget it.  mingw however should work.
> You can check out the latest 8.4cvs sources for a working set
> of configure and makefiles that does it.

  dllmain.cpp
2K Download

  makefileb
4K Download

Sun, 25 Jul 2004 10:09:10 GMT

1. extension building, cygwin

2. Building Cygwin-Python extension modules - export strategies

3. building extension with cygwin... stubs

4. Problems building Tcl extensions in Cygwin

5. HOWTO: Using CYGWIN to build a Tcl extension on Windows

6. how to build DLLs with Cygwin

8. Building Extension (FBSQL.DLL) with Mingw32 compiler (windows)

9. Is there a way to build dll extension for TCL in using VB

10. Building DLL extensions with gcc under Windows 95

11. Intel complier for calling DLL and build Dll

12. Unable to import dll extension that relies on a second dll