2 tk win in a windows tabcontrol
Author Message
 2 tk win in a windows tabcontrol

I am working on an app which has a windows tab control window into which I
have to put tk windows.  If I do a
toplevel .whatever -use [tabframehandle]
the toplevel can be put inside the tabs.  However, if I do this for more
than one window I get an access violation.  Any thoughts on how I can
resolve this problem?

Thank you for your time,
Peter

Sat, 08 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 2 tk win in a windows tabcontrol
I have also noticed that when you have a container toplevel in wish and you
have 2 windows -use to that one container window, you get an access
violation when you
destroy .

Quote:
> I am working on an app which has a windows tab control window into which I
> have to put tk windows.  If I do a
> toplevel .whatever -use [tabframehandle]
> the toplevel can be put inside the tabs.  However, if I do this for more
> than one window I get an access violation.  Any thoughts on how I can
> resolve this problem?

> Thank you for your time,
> Peter

Sat, 08 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 2 tk win in a windows tabcontrol
This happens on win2k as well as an SGI.

Peter

Quote:
> I have also noticed that when you have a container toplevel in wish and
you
> have 2 windows -use to that one container window, you get an access
> violation when you
> destroy .

> > I am working on an app which has a windows tab control window into which
> > have to put tk windows.  If I do a
> > toplevel .whatever -use [tabframehandle]
> > the toplevel can be put inside the tabs.  However, if I do this for more
> > than one window I get an access violation.  Any thoughts on how I can
> > resolve this problem?

> > Thank you for your time,
> > Peter

Sat, 08 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 2 tk win in a windows tabcontrol
If anyone is interested, here is the answer.
Don't do a
toplevel .whatever -use [tabframehandle],
just create the window, get the handle, and do a SetParent() in C.

Quote:
> I am working on an app which has a windows tab control window into which I
> have to put tk windows.  If I do a
> toplevel .whatever -use [tabframehandle]
> the toplevel can be put inside the tabs.  However, if I do this for more
> than one window I get an access violation.  Any thoughts on how I can
> resolve this problem?

> Thank you for your time,
> Peter

Wed, 12 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 2 tk win in a windows tabcontrol

Quote:

> If anyone is interested, here is the answer.
> Don't do a
> toplevel .whatever -use [tabframehandle],
> just create the window, get the handle, and do a SetParent() in C.

> > I am working on an app which has a windows tab control window into which I
> > have to put tk windows.  If I do a
> > toplevel .whatever -use [tabframehandle]
> > the toplevel can be put inside the tabs.  However, if I do this for more
> > than one window I get an access violation.  Any thoughts on how I can
> > resolve this problem?

> > Thank you for your time,
> > Peter

Did you use SetParent to capture a window of another app?
If so, it is interesting. As far as I know SetParent is usable only to
reparent a window which belongs to the same app as the new parent.

------
Ed

Sat, 15 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 2 tk win in a windows tabcontrol
In my case, I have a windows app which then starts an interperator, so
windows and tcl stuff are both in the same thread.

Peter

Quote:

> > If anyone is interested, here is the answer.
> > Don't do a
> > toplevel .whatever -use [tabframehandle],
> > just create the window, get the handle, and do a SetParent() in C.

> > > I am working on an app which has a windows tab control window into
which I
> > > have to put tk windows.  If I do a
> > > toplevel .whatever -use [tabframehandle]
> > > the toplevel can be put inside the tabs.  However, if I do this for
more
> > > than one window I get an access violation.  Any thoughts on how I can
> > > resolve this problem?

> > > Thank you for your time,
> > > Peter

> Did you use SetParent to capture a window of another app?
> If so, it is interesting. As far as I know SetParent is usable only to
> reparent a window which belongs to the same app as the new parent.

> ------
> Ed

Mon, 17 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. printing TK text windows in WIN 95

2. tk still blows up windows (was tk blows up windows)

3. Win from a TK app inside another TK app

4. VW TabControl

5. HELP: with TabControl

6. TabControl/V for PARTS

7. TabControl/V for Visual Smalltalk

8. TabControl needed

9. NEW: TabControl Widget for VisualWorks

10. RTF control bug on TABcontrol

11. LabView TabControl Refnum bug?..

12. ActiveX containers on a tabcontrol failes