BUG: [incr tcl] and commented unbalanced curly brackets
Author Message
 BUG: [incr tcl] and commented unbalanced curly brackets

This might be a known bug, but I post it anyway.
It appears that unbalanced curly brackets '}' inside a comment
in a class definition are not interpreted correctly by itcl.
Unless it's a feature...

--
Dimitris K. Agrafiotis
3-Dimensional Pharmaceuticals, 3700 Market St., Philadelphia, PA 19104

Tue, 03 Jun 1997 05:31:45 GMT
 BUG: [incr tcl] and commented unbalanced curly brackets

|> This might be a known bug, but I post it anyway.
|> It appears that unbalanced curly brackets '}' inside a comment
|> in a class definition are not interpreted correctly by itcl.
|> Unless it's a feature...

There is considerable debate on whether this is a bug or not. It is a
restriction of the parser.

--

Michael Salmon

#include        <standard.disclaimer>
#include        <witty.saying>
#include        <fancy.pseudo.graphics>

Ericsson Telecom AB
Stockholm

Tue, 03 Jun 1997 16:17:20 GMT
 BUG: [incr tcl] and commented unbalanced curly brackets

Dimitris> This might be a known bug, but I post it anyway.  It appears
Dimitris> that unbalanced curly brackets '}' inside a comment in a
Dimitris> class definition are not interpreted correctly by itcl.
Dimitris> Unless it's a feature...

Not really a bug.  This is a consequence of the fact that Tcl comments
are not really comments until they are seen as commands.  Is this
issue discussed in the FAQ?  It seems to come up every once in a
while.

Tom

--

"{*filter*} and farce are always inexplicably linked"
        -- Alexander Theroux

Wed, 04 Jun 1997 10:16:17 GMT

1. struc in a struc and curly brackets

2. struc in a struc and curly brackets

3. Exists a comment-bracket for the tcl-source code like /* */

4. Bugs and Fixes for Tcl/Tk and incr Tcl when using TCL_MEM_DEBUG

5. Curly braces and comments

6. BUG: scope of variable (combination of TclX and [incr Tcl])

7. incr tcl bug with find command?

8. converting large java program to incr tcl and incr tk

9. Need help installing [incr Tcl]/[incr Widgets]

10. incr Tcl, INCR TK, and Tix

11. looking for new [incr Tcl]/[incr TK] beta and/or documentation

12. Brackets in Comments