The solution to the following is to add a "flush stdout" statement after the
puts statement.

Thanks to everyone who provided the feedback!

Chie

Hi,

I have an expectk script that has several "puts -nonewline" statements
that look like the following:

        puts -nonewline "Enter some info here: "
        gets stdin some_var

The script has been working fine with an old version of the expectk binary
(Tcl7.4/Tk 4.0/Expect??), but it is not working well with newer versions
of expectk binaries (Tcl7.6/Tk4.2/Expect5.22 and Tcl8.0/Tk8.0/Expect5.24).

With the newer expectk binaries, as expected, the program pauses at the
puts/gets segment waiting for user input, but the string that is supposed
to be displayed by puts is not getting displayed!  As soon as I point the
script to use the old expectk, things work normally again.

My environment is Solaris 2.5.1 and CDE 1.1.

I did not find any relevant information that comes with the Tcl/Tk/Expect
source code.  I am pretty much out of ideas at this point, and would
appreciate any suggestions.

we can figure out this problem.

Thanks!
Chie

Fri, 17 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. ? "puts -nonewline" not working

2. problem with "puts -nonewline"

3. SUMMARY: writing "not slow" smalltalk (long)

4. system("rm") not working

5. GST: "SystemDictionary snapshot !" not working

6. printerdialog("Title",0) - not working

7. PrinterDialog("Title",0) NOT WORKING

8. url "javascript:..." does not work

9. "Hello World" does not work

10. string.join(["Tk 4.2p2", "Python 1.4", "Win32", "free"], "for")

11. modifying color of "Ada.Text_IO.Put"

12. retrieve "puts" command result from C