ODBC TCL Extension and LDAP Extension
Author Message
 ODBC TCL Extension and LDAP Extension

Dear TCL Programmers,

I have written two new extension. LDAP and a ODBC 3.0 extension for windows
platforms. I believe the OBDC extension I wrote to be the most robust on the
internet. Please let me know if anyone is interested in these.

Scott Nichols

Fri, 19 Aug 2005 12:05:16 GMT
 ODBC TCL Extension and LDAP Extension

I would be VERY interested particularly in the ODBC extension since I
will have a need for this in a couple of weeks.

Len Morgan

Quote:
>Dear TCL Programmers,

>I have written two new extension. LDAP and a ODBC 3.0 extension for windows
>platforms. I believe the OBDC extension I wrote to be the most robust on the
>internet. Please let me know if anyone is interested in these.

>Scott Nichols

Sat, 20 Aug 2005 01:32:27 GMT
 ODBC TCL Extension and LDAP Extension

> I have written two new extension. LDAP and a ODBC 3.0 extension for
> windows platforms. I believe the OBDC extension I wrote to be the
> most robust on the internet. Please let me know if anyone is
> interested in these.

Can you give a short summary what the differences are between your
extensions and the existing packages?

so long, benny

Fri, 19 Aug 2005 23:48:34 GMT
 ODBC TCL Extension and LDAP Extension
No problem. I am still finalizing the readme.txt file, but the TCL extension
is complete. Summary:

The ODBC 3.0 TCL Extension provides away of integrating Microsoft Windows
Platform 8.3 TCL interpreters to ODBC 3.0 compliant Database Management
Systems (DBMS). The C source code for the extension incorporates two APIs:
The TCL 8.3 API and the Microsoft ODBC 3.0 API. The extension includes the
following features:

1) Can support up to 32 simultaneous database connections to different DBMSs
from within one TCL interpreter.
2) Supports both synchronous and asynchronous SQL query requests.
3) Supports both ODBC system DSN database connections and ODBC driver
connections.
4)  Allows the TCL application programmer to optionally choose to set the
SQL requests to return meta data (column headers). This can be useful for ad
hoc queries.
5) Empowers The TCL application programmer to decide whether or not to
retrieve one row at time from the result set or all of the rows.
Supports the retrieving and parsing of more than one result set from one SQL
query. This is useful for executing and retrieving results from SQL batch
queries.

Quote:

> I would be VERY interested particularly in the ODBC extension since I
> will have a need for this in a couple of weeks.

> Len Morgan

> >Dear TCL Programmers,

> >I have written two new extension. LDAP and a ODBC 3.0 extension for
windows
> >platforms. I believe the OBDC extension I wrote to be the most robust on
the
> >internet. Please let me know if anyone is interested in these.

> >Scott Nichols

Sat, 20 Aug 2005 13:09:45 GMT
 ODBC TCL Extension and LDAP Extension

Quote:

> Dear TCL Programmers,

> I have written two new extension. LDAP and a ODBC 3.0 extension for
> windows platforms. I believe the OBDC extension I wrote to be the most
> robust on the internet. Please let me know if anyone is interested in
> these.

> Scott Nichols

 Is the LDAP extension for windows platforms, too? If it is NOT I am
interested.
Theo

Fri, 19 Aug 2005 17:44:44 GMT
 ODBC TCL Extension and LDAP Extension
Both were compiled for Windows platforms: Windows 2000, XP, etc. I am
interested in learning UNIX. I spent alot of time on the ODBC extension

Quote:

> > Dear TCL Programmers,

> > I have written two new extension. LDAP and a ODBC 3.0 extension for
> > windows platforms. I believe the OBDC extension I wrote to be the most
> > robust on the internet. Please let me know if anyone is interested in
> > these.

> > Scott Nichols

>  Is the LDAP extension for windows platforms, too? If it is NOT I am
> interested.
> Theo

Sat, 20 Aug 2005 23:02:42 GMT

1. Opinions on ODBC extensions for Tcl?

2. Problem compiling ldap extension from sensus.org

3. LDAP Extension

4. C Extensions: calling across extensions

5. Extension Classes, Python Extension Types Become Classes

6. ODBC extensions for conn to SQL server

7. File extension in UPPER case for ODBC

8. ODBC / DBI help (via Win32 Extensions)

9. ANNOUNCE: New Windows ODBC Extension

10. Win NT extensions: shortcut, odbc, registry

11. ANNOUNCE: OdbcTcl-0.2 - ODBC extension for Win32/UN*X

12. extensions for tcl76 on NT/Win95: ntsys odbc gdtcl registry netutil