Passive FTP to ftp.sunlabs.com
Author Message
 Passive FTP to ftp.sunlabs.com

Many of you have reported problems in the past with FTP access to
our Tcl distribution area on ftp.sunlabs.com, particularly if you
used Netscape to attempt the FTP retrievals.  We believe that the
problems were because our firewall did not properly handle passive-
mode FTP connections.  At long last, a patch has been applied that
we think has fixed the problem.  If there's anyone out there that
used to have problems with FTP-ing from ftp.sunlabs.com, could you
try it again and report back here whether it works or not?  For
example, try the following URL in netscape:
        ftp://ftp.sunlabs.com/pub/tcl
See if that works, and if you can fetch other files from that directory,
such as README or the latest distribution.

Thanks in advance for the help.  It would be particularly useful if
someone could try this in the next few hours, since the person who
installed the patch is going to be leaving Sun for a new job after
tomorrow.

Sat, 17 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Passive FTP to ftp.sunlabs.com

: If there's anyone out there that
: used to have problems with FTP-ing from ftp.sunlabs.com, could you
: try it again and report back here whether it works or not?  For

It works from here...

--
Mark Harrison                                   http://jasper.ora.com/mh/

Sun, 18 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Passive FTP to ftp.sunlabs.com

Success with Netscape 2.01 !

Able to download "example.tar.gz" .

Sun, 18 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Passive FTP to ftp.sunlabs.com

It works!! With Netscape from Cisco -- and there was previously no
known way to connect to ftp.sunlabs.com from here (Netscape, Mosaic,
ftp, rfpt, etc all failed).

This is huge convenience.
--
John Cameron

Sun, 18 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. I can't ftp ftp.smli.com

2. New files available at ftp://ftp.aud.alcatel.com Archive

3. Squeak FTP site established: ftp://ftp.create.ucsb.edu/pub/Smalltalk/Squeak

4. My ftp site (ftp://ftp.iag.net/pub/clipper)

5. ftplib and passive FTP

6. Expect and passive FTP

7. new ftp engine at my ftp site!

8. expect:ftp:downloading new files from a huge ftp account

9. could anyone please Mail me a dir list on ftp.icetips.com/incomming

10. c4b patch on ftp.topspeed.com

11. Look at ftp://icetips.conline.com/bug_rpts for bug list