Error compiling TCL8.3.3 on windows
Author Message
 Error compiling TCL8.3.3 on windows

Does anyone know how to correct the following error when compiling TCL8.3.3
on Windows?

"A required .DLL file, MSPDB60.DLL, was not found."

Wed, 01 Oct 2003 10:48:23 GMT
 Error compiling TCL8.3.3 on windows
Ignore me I figured it out...had to set PATH to include VB98....also had to
make a directory called "Release" in the install dir.

Thanks

Quote:

>Does anyone know how to correct the following error when compiling TCL8.3.3
>on Windows?

>"A required .DLL file, MSPDB60.DLL, was not found."

Wed, 01 Oct 2003 11:02:25 GMT
 Error compiling TCL8.3.3 on windows
Hmmm... MSPDB is probably the Project Database dll. I found it in
\common\msdev98\bin, .\vb98 and .\vc98\bin.  I think you see this
error only when you try to build because it's either used by nmake
for something (unlikely), or it's dynamically loaded/unloaded by the
IDE as needed (if you somehow have a ms project - did you wrap the
win\makefile.vc into a project?). Tcl builds don't depend on VB for
anything, so I think you just got lucky.

The directory named "release" is normally automatically created in the
.\win directory of your tcl source install as in \tcl\win\release (or
\tcl\win\debug if you do a debug build). After running nmake -f
makefile.vc, you then have to run nmake -f makefile.vc install to
actually get the correct runtime directory structure set up for Tcl
with the bin and lib dirs.

Sounds a lot like you might have a problem with your VC install...

Regards,

Dave LeBlanc

Quote:

>Ignore me I figured it out...had to set PATH to include VB98....also had to
>make a directory called "Release" in the install dir.

>Thanks

>>Does anyone know how to correct the following error when compiling TCL8.3.3
>>on Windows?

>>"A required .DLL file, MSPDB60.DLL, was not found."

Thu, 02 Oct 2003 01:32:09 GMT

1. Compile error building tcl8.4.0 using MinGW-gcc, Cygwin

2. compile tcl8.3.4 on Windows98 with VC6.0 error

3. compile error on winnt tcl8.3.4 when at the last create the tcl83.dll

4. Error compiling tcl8.3.3 on SGI IRIX6.5 IP27 mips

5. compile error: tcl8.0.3 RH 6.1 LINUX

6. Error compiling tcl8.2 on ULTRIX 4.3

7. Errors compiling tcl8.1.1 under Solaris 2.6

8. compile error, tcl8.1, sunos4.1.3_U1, egcs-1.1.2 [FIX]

9. compile error, tcl8.1, sunos4.1.3_U1, egcs-1.1.2

10. Tcl8.1 compiled error.

11. Error while compiling tcl8.0.5 code under solaris2.5.1

12. Error compiling TCL8.1b2 with Borland 4.52 -- HELP !!