Shared lib package example (other than tcl-example)?
Author Message
 Shared lib package example (other than tcl-example)?

Hi,

I would like to compile some code as a shared library an use it as a loadable
packe for Tcl/Tk. I saw the code for tcl-example and built my source code
accordingly. But now, I want to actually test it. I don't know how to compile
the code in order to enable it as a loadable package. Does anyone have a
pointer for a small example which doesn't require the entire source tree for
Tcl 7.5 to be installed? I'd actually like to write a Makefile which doesn't
require the source code for Tcl to be installed in order to build libfoo.so.
If it matters any, I'm on a Linux 2.x machine. I'm sure this is easy but I
haven't seen any complete examples anywhere (which don't requireTcl source to
be installed) and Brent Welch's book (which should deal with this... I hope!)
isn't ready yet, nor is the chapter devoted to it available on his webpage
yet.

Thanks.

--
Laurent Duperval          | The opinions expressed herein do not
Systems Analyst           | represent those of this establishment.
                          | For all I know, they may not even represent

VIM FAQ: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~laurent/vim/faq.html

PARKINSON'S LAW, MODIFIED
    The components you have will expand to fill the available space.

Sun, 05 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Shared lib package example (other than tcl-example)?

Quote:

>I would like to compile some code as a shared library an use it as a loadable
>packe for Tcl/Tk. I saw the code for tcl-example and built my source code

You can look at what I use for TkTable:
        http://www.cs.uoregon.edu/research/tcl/code/capp/
It doesn't require the Tcl source tree (although compiling tkTable
might because of the C code), instead using the *Config.sh files
that should be installed with Tcl/Tk.

I plan on making a new example package which will demonstrate how
to do this and build stand-alones without needing the source tree
and all that good stuff RSN.

--

  Software Engineer, Oregon R&D          office: 541.683.7891
  CADIX International, Inc.              fax:    541.683.8325

Sun, 05 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Example tcl package source for windows?

2. dde package - buggy pkgIndex.tcl file in /Tcl/lib/tcl.8.4/dde1.1

3. Shared lib/package problem

4. nephyte needs f83 examples & examples

5. nephyte needs f83 examples & examples

6. nephyte needs f83 examples & examples

7. Aef's examples: DDE example ( dde.zip 1/3)

8. Aef's examples: DDE example (dde.zip 0/3)

9. Aef's examples:DDE example (dde.zip3/3)

10. Aef's examples: DDE example (dde.zip 2/3)

11. Announce: TimingAnalyzer Diagram Examples, Scripting Examples, App Note

12. Announce: TimingAnalyzer Diagram Examples, Scripting Examples, App Note