Spawn a telnet session from a spawned telnet session
Author Message
 Spawn a telnet session from a spawned telnet session

Is this possible? So basically my situation is I start my test on
ComputerA, I telnet to ComputerB. I need to telnet from computerB to
computerC, but when I spawn a new telnet session it is from computerA.
ComputerB has an interface to ComputerC, so it has to come through
this computer. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
   Robert

Mon, 19 Feb 2007 23:29:26 GMT
 Spawn a telnet session from a spawned telnet session

Quote:

> Is this possible? So basically my situation is I start my test on
> ComputerA, I telnet to ComputerB. I need to telnet from computerB to
> computerC, but when I spawn a new telnet session it is from computerA.
> ComputerB has an interface to ComputerC, so it has to come through
> this computer. Any ideas would be appreciated.

> Thanks,
>    Robert

Just send the 2nd telnet command using "send" - so it looks like this:

spawn telnet ComputerB
expect "login:"
send "$password\r"
expect "$prompt"
send "telnet ComputerC\r"

At this point, sends and expects now go from A through B to C.

Don

Tue, 20 Feb 2007 00:49:27 GMT
 Spawn a telnet session from a spawned telnet session
Worked perfect. Thank You, Robert

Tue, 20 Feb 2007 21:22:58 GMT

1. Tcl Expect leaks memory in spawning telnet session

2. spawning multiple telnet sessions from threads

3. expect: nesting spawn tftp inside spawned telnet

4. using spawn socket instead of spawn telnet in expect

5. spawning telnet does not return prompt

6. expect fails to spawn telnet successfully

7. defunct processes on UNIX server with spawn telnet

8. Please HELP: spawn telnet error in Expect

9. spawn telnet in win2000

10. Expect/How to determine if a telnet spawn failed

11. detecting eof in a spawned telnet process?

12. Cygnus Expect spawning gnu telnet client on NT