Some odds & ends bug-type thingies
Author Message
 Some odds & ends bug-type thingies

I'm starting to do some real work with Tk4.0b2 (I'm using ULTRIX4.4), and I've
come across a few quirks...

1. In text widgets:
If your text widget is n columns wide, a line exactly n columns long causes the
next line to be blank, and the remaining text is all one line lower. Bug?

2. In entry widgets:
Deleting text forward and backward keep the cursor in the same location as
before the deletion, if possible. This is a Good Thing. Except if the cursor is
at the beginning of the visible part of the entry, and you can't see the
character you're about to backspace over. (Personally I'd prefer if the cursor
is no longer visible that the entry scroll so that the cursor is in the center,
but that's just me.)

3. In menus:
The top line that makes the menu into a tearoff menu actually makes a copy of
the menu for the new window. This means if you change the menu those changes
don't apply to the tearoff menu. Bug or feature?

4. Also in tearoff menus:
There seems to be no way to get rid of a tearoff menu short of destroying the
original menu.

5. Definately a bug. The widget demo screws up on the 'Embedded Windows' menu
option under the Text menu. If I press the topmost 'Click Here' button, instead
of horizontal scrolling coming on, like the text sez should happen, I get an
error message with the following stack trace:

can't read "t": no such variable
    while executing
"scrollbar $w.s2 -orient horizontal -command "$t..."
    (procedure "textWindOn" line 3)
    invoked from within
"textWindOn .emb"
    invoked from within
".emb.f.t.on invoke"
    ("uplevel" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"uplevel #0 [list $w invoke]"
    invoked from within
"if {($w == $tkPriv(window))
                && ([$w cget -state] != "disabled")} {
            uplevel #0 [list $w invoke]
        }"
    invoked from within
"if {$w == $tkPriv(buttonWindow)} {
        set tkPriv(buttonWindow) ""
        $w config -relief $tkPriv(relief)
        if $tk_strictMotif {
            $w configure -state norm ..."
    (procedure "tkButtonUp" line 3)
    invoked from within
"tkButtonUp .emb.f.t.on"
    (command bound to event)

A similar message comes up from pressing the 2nd 'Click Here' button. Note: this
feature worked just fine in Tk4.0b1.

+-----Practice kind randomness and beautiful acts of nonsense------+

|       DIsclaimer: The opinions expressed herein are not          |
+-----Practice kind randomness and beautiful acts of nonsense------+

Actually, I'm really a laboratory mouse on stilts.

Wed, 23 Jul 1997 07:41:24 GMT

1. attr_ type thingies

2. Odds and Ends

3. Odds and Ends

4. Odds and Ends

5. Odds and Ends

6. Odds and Ends

7. Odds and Ends I've noticed about Object Rexx 2.1.2

8. Odds and Ends of Classes from Python Tutorial

9. odds and ends

10. SET ADDRESS thingies

11. Type resolution & classwide access types

12. Bug in gfortran when reading end of file?