login to web server using http 2.0/Tcl
Author Message
 login to web server using http 2.0/Tcl

Hi Folks,

I am trying to test a web server and am using Tcl/http 2.0 to do the
same. I am able to GET the start page which asks for the login info.

How does one transmit the login info (id/pass) in order to login to the
server ??

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Lin

Sun, 23 May 2004 07:15:24 GMT
 login to web server using http 2.0/Tcl

  In a message on Tue, 04 Dec 2001 15:15:24 -0800, wrote :

l> Hi Folks,
l>
l> I am trying to test a web server and am using Tcl/http 2.0 to do the
l> same. I am able to GET the start page which asks for the login info.
l>
l> How does one transmit the login info (id/pass) in order to login to the
l> server ??

Is it asking for a HTTP Authorization? Or is this some random form?

If HTTP Authorization, you need to include an authorization header:

  set tok [::http::geturl "$URL" -channel $ofp \
                -headers {Authorization {Basic dmlzY2FtOnZpc2NhbQ==}}]

(the 'dmlzY2FtOnZpc2NhbQ==' is the username/password in Base64
encoding, explained on the www.w3c.org website in an RFC.)

If it is a form, you need to executate a

        ::http::geturl <form URL> \

This will do a POST.

l>
l> Any help is appreciated.
l>
l> Thanks,
l> Lin
l>

--
                                     \/

http://www.deepsoft.com              /\FidoNet:    1:321/153

Sun, 23 May 2004 08:12:01 GMT
 login to web server using http 2.0/Tcl
Quote:

>Hi Folks,

>I am trying to test a web server and am using Tcl/http 2.0 to do the
>same. I am able to GET the start page which asks for the login info.

>How does one transmit the login info (id/pass) in order to login to the
>server ??

                        .
                        .
                        .
Are the examples after the word "authentication" in
needs?
--

Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net
Personal:  http://starbase.neosoft.com/~claird/home.html

Sun, 23 May 2004 23:53:38 GMT

1. Need advice: serving data using http/web-server to clients ( not only browsers )

2. passing code from http to TCL using AOL Server

3. Build https server with Tcl http server?

4. Tutorial on using tcl web server

5. UPDATE TCL Compiler: the binaries of httpd.tcl the TCL web-server are available

6. Broken web site (Tcl Developer Xchange (http://www.tcl.tk/))

7. WebToolkit : Using Front-End HTTP Servers

8. using realbasic to develop a http server

9. Using remote MySQL server with PHP via HTTP

10. Restarting Tcl app after logout/login using wm

11. Generic Server for Dolphin now has web server with ST servlets and ST server pages

12. memory leak in regsub: http 2.0 package (Tcl 8.2)