load command doesn't works
Author Message
 load command doesn't works

Tcl 8.1.1 Bug:  Generated by Scriptics' bug entry form at
        http://www.*-*-*.com/
------

Submitted by:  Bruno Champagne
OperatingSystem:  Windows 95
Synopsis:  load command doesn't works

ReproducibleScript:
    load ./shortcut

ObservedBehavior:
    could'nt load file ".\shortcut" : invalid argument

DesiredBehavior:
    * if shortcut.dll doesn't exists :
    couldn't load file ".\shorcut" : file doesn't exists
    * if shortcut.dll exists,
    no error

Sun, 20 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 load command doesn't works
I believe this is correct behavior, the following works fine:

        load ./shortcut.dll

DLLs on Windows can have any number of different extensions,
.dll is only one.  How can Tcl guess this?  In any case, this
isn't a bug as stated below, but rather an feature request.

--- Scott

Quote:

> Tcl 8.1.1 Bug:  Generated by Scriptics' bug entry form at
>         http://www.scriptics.com/support/bugForm.html
> ------

> Submitted by:  Bruno Champagne
> OperatingSystem:  Windows 95
> Synopsis:  load command doesn't works

> ReproducibleScript:
>     load ./shortcut

> ObservedBehavior:
>     could'nt load file ".\shortcut" : invalid argument

> DesiredBehavior:
>     * if shortcut.dll doesn't exists :

>     couldn't load file ".\shorcut" : file doesn't exists

>     * if shortcut.dll exists,

>     no error

Sun, 20 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 load command doesn't works

: I believe this is correct behavior, the following works fine:
:
:       load ./shortcut.dll
:
: DLLs on Windows can have any number of different extensions,
: .dll is only one.  How can Tcl guess this?  In any case, this
: isn't a bug as stated below, but rather an feature request.

The feature is already there, either in the higher level package require
or use file join and info sharedlibextension (sp?) before load.

: >     load ./shortcut

: >     could'nt load file ".\shortcut" : invalid argument

Mon, 21 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. C4 Gold - File Loaded Combo Update Doesn't work

3. BLT installs but doesn't work, and TkTable doesn't build

4. canvas postscript command doesn't work with non-isolatin1 characters

5. open command doesn't work via button

6. Problem: load command dosn't work with win95

7. EAI works (or doesn't work) differently under different platforms

8. why the auto load function don't work when I load a new library

9. tkman works/doesn't work [hpux9]

10. A window's -cursor command doesn't report valid options

11. match works, don't match doesn't

12. Bevel Buttons' icon doesn't work