Tclapp in windows: How to wrap a custom interpreter to create a stand-alone executable
Author Message
 Tclapp in windows: How to wrap a custom interpreter to create a stand-alone executable

I am facing some problems in using TclApp in graphical mode in windows
to wrap a custom interpreter to create a stand-alone executable. But
the final executable was not self contained. It was still referring to
the path of the interpreter in my machine while running the executable
making it not portable. Wat should I be doing to create an executable
which completely wraps the interpreter without just reffering to it.

Thanks in advance,
Binesh

Mon, 13 Feb 2006 20:49:18 GMT
 Tclapp in windows: How to wrap a custom interpreter to create a stand-alone executable
Is it at all possible to create a stand alone single-file executable
in windows from a custom interpreter wrapped with Tclapp similar to
what prowrap does with out using starpack?

Thanks,
Binesh

Quote:

> I am facing some problems in using TclApp in graphical mode in windows
> to wrap a custom interpreter to create a stand-alone executable. But
> the final executable was not self contained. It was still referring to
> the path of the interpreter in my machine while running the executable
> making it not portable. Wat should I be doing to create an executable
> which completely wraps the interpreter without just reffering to it.

> Thanks in advance,
> Binesh

Tue, 14 Feb 2006 22:57:26 GMT
 Tclapp in windows: How to wrap a custom interpreter to create a stand-alone executable

Quote:

> Is it at all possible to create a stand alone single-file executable
> in windows from a custom interpreter wrapped with Tclapp similar to
> what prowrap does with out using starpack?

Without using starpack?  What kind of extra functionality are you
trying to add to the base kit?  If it is stubs-enabled extensions,
those can be added to make a larger base kit.  If you need to add
statically builtin extensions for some reason, there is documentation
on how to do that as well.

--
     Jeff Hobbs                     The Tcl Guy
     Senior Developer               http://www.ActiveState.com/

Tue, 14 Feb 2006 23:12:54 GMT
 Tclapp in windows: How to wrap a custom interpreter to create a stand-alone executable
Thanks Jeff for your reply. I already have built a tcl interpreter
with the extra functionalities I wanted which works fine. Will it be
correct for me to assume that I wont be able to wrap my tcl code over
this interpreter using TclApp? Instead,either I need to add on extra
functionalities to the Tcl base kit or I should build packages with
all functionalities in a dll. I tried the approach of building
packages and using those in starkit and starpack. But there again,
starkit is working fine, but the starpack crashes with application
errors.
Quote:

> > Is it at all possible to create a stand alone single-file executable
> > in windows from a custom interpreter wrapped with Tclapp similar to
> > what prowrap does with out using starpack?

> Without using starpack?  What kind of extra functionality are you
> trying to add to the base kit?  If it is stubs-enabled extensions,
> those can be added to make a larger base kit.  If you need to add
> statically builtin extensions for some reason, there is documentation
> on how to do that as well.

Thu, 16 Feb 2006 20:32:59 GMT
 Tclapp in windows: How to wrap a custom interpreter to create a stand-alone executable

Quote:

> Thanks Jeff for your reply. I already have built a tcl interpreter
> with the extra functionalities I wanted which works fine. Will it be
> correct for me to assume that I wont be able to wrap my tcl code over
> this interpreter using TclApp? Instead,either I need to add on extra
> functionalities to the Tcl base kit or I should build packages with
> all functionalities in a dll. I tried the approach of building
> packages and using those in starkit and starpack. But there again,
> starkit is working fine, but the starpack crashes with application
> errors.

You do have to either create a true extension, or build an extended
base kit (there are instructions for that).  If you create a dll
extension, it MUST BE stubs enabled.

--
     Jeff Hobbs                     The Tcl Guy
     Senior Developer               http://www.ActiveState.com/
         Tcl Support and Productivity Solutions

Sun, 26 Feb 2006 12:35:35 GMT

1. Creating a stand-alone exec???

2. To stand-alone or not to stand-alone

3. Disappearing Menus on Windows TclApp wrapped code

4. How Do You Create Stand Alone Applications?

5. Creating Stand Alone Applications With Oberon-2

6. creating stand-alone versions for easy distribution etc

7. Tkinter: easiest way to create stand-alone dialog?

8. How to create one stand alone executable??????

9. Creating a stand alone Python Service (win32)

10. Newbie: Producing small stand-alone exes for Windows

11. Stand-alone exe on Windows

12. Need Stand Alone Wish Executable for Windows?