BLT Table crashing wish83 with VU Bargraph
Author Message
 BLT Table crashing wish83 with VU Bargraph

Wish83 is crashing in WinXP with the following VU and BLT commands:

package require BLT
package require vu
namespace import blt::*
namespace import vu::*

bargraph .b
table . .b

I have BLT 2.4v and VU 2.1.0

Any ideas? Is this a BLT or a VU problem or something else?

David Russell

Sat, 31 Jul 2004 04:19:05 GMT
 BLT Table crashing wish83 with VU Bargraph
Hi David,
I don't know if I can help you, but I had problems with "BLT2.4v" and I am
satisfied with "BLT2.4u".
I think BLT2.4u works better. Perhaps solves this your problem?
Hans

Quote:
> Wish83 is crashing in WinXP with the following VU and BLT commands:

> package require BLT
> package require vu
> namespace import blt::*
> namespace import vu::*

> bargraph .b
> table . .b

> I have BLT 2.4v and VU 2.1.0

> Any ideas? Is this a BLT or a VU problem or something else?

> David Russell

Sat, 31 Jul 2004 06:12:41 GMT
 BLT Table crashing wish83 with VU Bargraph

Quote:

> Wish83 is crashing in WinXP with the following VU and BLT commands:

> package require BLT
> package require vu
> namespace import blt::*
> namespace import vu::*

> bargraph .b
> table . .b

> I have BLT 2.4v and VU 2.1.0

> Any ideas? Is this a BLT or a VU problem or something else?

Have you removed vu from the equation to see that that is what
causes the problem?  If not, then it is BLT alone.  However, I
could imagine, as vu and blt have some related command names,
that there is simply an internal name resolution conflict.

--
  Jeff Hobbs                     The Tcl Guy
  Senior Developer               http://www.ActiveState.com/

Sat, 31 Jul 2004 07:09:34 GMT
 BLT Table crashing wish83 with VU Bargraph

Quote:

> > Wish83 is crashing in WinXP with the following VU and BLT commands:

> > package require BLT
> > package require vu
> > namespace import blt::*
> > namespace import vu::*

> > bargraph .b
> > table . .b

> > I have BLT 2.4v and VU 2.1.0

> > Any ideas? Is this a BLT or a VU problem or something else?

> Have you removed vu from the equation to see that that is what
> causes the problem?  If not, then it is BLT alone.  However, I
> could imagine, as vu and blt have some related command names,
> that there is simply an internal name resolution conflict.

I removed BLT from the equation instead and found that wish is still
crashing when I pack the bargraph object.

Sat, 31 Jul 2004 22:11:08 GMT

1. Newbie BLT/Bargraph question

2. Problem with blt's bargraph

3. BLT tree tags: destroying associated treeview causes subsequent tag operations to fatally crash

4. blt bgexec crash NT/98

5. BLT DragDrop On Windows: CRASH

6. BLT-Drag&Drop crashes

7. display images in blt Table?

8. BLT tables and graphs

9. dropping/forgetting a BLT table?

10. Tk and BLT::Table

11. Using BLT's table geometry manager inside tixLabelFrame widget

12. BLT table or Tk grid