Bug with frames in tk4.0?
Author Message
 Bug with frames in tk4.0?

I ran into a funny problem with tk4.0 a couple of nights ago.  Basically,
I was using frames to force alignment on control in a window, and found
that the order in which I did the creation and packing of the various
elements affected whether or not they actually appeared on the screen.
That is, if I created a frame, packed it, created some buttons, and
backed them into them into the frame, I would get one result--but
if I created the frame, created the controls and packed them into the
frame, and then finally packed the frame into the window, I would get
another. This seems very counterintuitive to me, and I'm wondering if
it is a known tk bug, or just a "feature" I'm unaware of.

I do have the buggy code still around, but not reight here,
unfortunately.

And oh, yes, this was under wish.

Thanks,
Ken McDonald

Tue, 06 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. BUG REPORT: Color bugs in tk4.0???

2. BUG: itcl2.2/tk4.2 canvas postscript output bugs (and fixes)

3. J3.04 bug? verb/ with 0 in frame

4. start-frame bug

5. bug in wm frame command

6. grid -in frame BUG

7. frame/grid bug?

8. Bug: missing window frame

9. BUGS, BUGS, BUGS, BUGS, C4 BUGS

10. tk4.1a2, bug in initial canvas coordinates

11. Bug tk4.2 Win Nt ??

12. BUG+PATCH: Tk4.2p2->8.0b1 palette.tcl tk_setPalette