The light bulb goes on...
Author Message
 The light bulb goes on...

The [vwait] man page says "until some event handler sets the value of
variable varName".  All this time I had been misinterpreting that to
mean "changes it from an [unset] state to a [set] state", but today I
discovered that any call to [set] triggers it, even if it doesn't change
the value.  I don't have to prepare with [unset -nocomplain ::Foo]
before executing

after 1000 set ::Foo 1
vwait ::Foo

Wed, 24 Jan 2007 06:09:25 GMT

1. *Light Bulb List Members* - humor

2. Economical/cheap bicycle light? Re: Bicycle Lighting

3. Economical/cheap bicycle light? Re: Bicycle Lighting

4. lighting Ive done / do you know other (complex) lighting examples

5. Turn the lights of/Light behaviour

6. How many Ada programmers does it take to change a light bulb?

7. How Many COBOL Programs Does It Take To Change A Light Bulb?

8. LOGO-L> Bulbs

9. LOGO-L> two bulbs

10. LOGO-L> sphere or Christmas bulb

11. LOGO-L> Sphere or bulb

12. Windows Installer - a go/no-go (in)decision