Expect Telnet Error Handle?
Author Message
 Expect Telnet Error Handle?

I have a script to control remote device via Telnet using Expect. But,
in some cases, the Telnet session would break. This would casue my
script terminated. Is there any method to take care of that? I mean, If
there is any method that I can detect the broken and make it connect
again? I am running TCL 8.4 with Expect 5.xx.

Eric Lin

Fri, 26 Sep 2008 13:58:53 GMT
 Expect Telnet Error Handle?

Quote:

>I have a script to control remote device via Telnet using Expect. But,
>in some cases, the Telnet session would break. This would casue my
>script terminated. Is there any method to take care of that? I mean, If
>there is any method that I can detect the broken and make it connect
>again? I am running TCL 8.4 with Expect 5.xx.

>Eric Lin

1.  Get the book.
2.  In what sense does "the Telnet session ... break"?  Does
    it exit?  Do you lose a network connection?  ...
3.  You'll probably want to learn about at least one of
    {timeout} and {eof}.

Sat, 27 Sep 2008 02:08:02 GMT

1. expect: telnet within telnet

2. telnet expect script error

3. Please HELP: spawn telnet error in Expect

4. handling errors in expect

5. Calling an external prog - timeout and error-handling in Expect

6. expect script and error handling

7. expect: bgerror failed to handle background error.

8. Error handling - Expect under Windows

9. handling errors from spawn'ed commands in Expect

10. expect ftp error handling

11. Expect spawn error handling

12. Telnet Connection Handle???