How to run an textmode application within a TCL window
Author Message
 How to run an textmode application within a TCL window

How can I run a textmode application inside a TCL window? Is this
possible?

I tried a program called xtelnet, but all it does is launch a seperate
process of xterm which runs telnet. Is there any way to do this?

For reference, what I would like to be able to do is run telnet with
some TCL controls which would act as macros. Basically, where I could
bind the keys (like f1, etc) inside tcl, to send certain things to the
telnet... is this possible?
If not, does anyone know a program that does telnets (under linux,
either character mode or X, preferably X) that has MACRO capability...

Not being able to redefine my keyboard on telnets is getting quite old
quite fast...

Mon, 20 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to run an textmode application within a TCL window

Quote:
>How can I run a textmode application inside a TCL window? Is this
>possible?

>I tried a program called xtelnet, but all it does is launch a seperate
>process of xterm which runs telnet. Is there any way to do this?

    You'd have a lot more luck using telnet than xtelnet, since by
definition xtelnet is supposed to open its own X window!

    I'd suggest strongly that you take a look at Expect (actually ExpectTk,
but that is part of the Expect package).

* Gerald W. Lester                       | Voice:  +1 (504)-889-2784       *
* Computerized Processes Unlimited, Inc. | FAX:    +1 (504)-889-2799       *

* Metairie, LA 70001                     | Web:    http://www.cpu.com      *

Tue, 21 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Running Windows Applications under Tcl/Tk

2. Running a Tcl/Tk applet within a Tcl/Tk program

3. Problems Using Dos-commands within an dBase IV 2.0 Application running WIN95

4. Problems Using Dos-commands within an dBase IV 2.0 Application running WIN95

5. Problem running tcl/tk application while other XWindows apps running

6. Running IDLE from within a Tkinter application

7. running an application within an text widget

8. Running Fortran application as a DOS Windows under Windows 3.1 or 95

9. Window within window using TCL/TK

10. Running Windows Apps from within Clipper

11. Windows within which FORTRAN runs ...

12. Change Application Icon in MS Windows TCL/Tk application