ftp_lib.tcl 2.3 bgerror after timeout of control connection on put and false-positive FTP puts
Author Message
 ftp_lib.tcl 2.3 bgerror after timeout of control connection on put and false-positive FTP puts

Firstly, for some time we have experienced false-positive results for
Put actions with various versions of the ftp library (1.2, 2.2, 2.3)
on various versions of Tcl (up to 8.3).  The ftp::Put operation returns
1 to indicate success despite there having been an error message produced
during the Put reporting "Timeout of control connection" and the file is
not present on the destination server.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I have resorted to checking for FTP error messages triggered during a Put
before deciding whether the Put actually succeeded then quiting the FTP
session - continuing with the rest of the Puts would ofter result in file
contents being written to the wrong files!

Secondly, a couple of times after experiencing these false-positive results
when we have attempted to quit the connection, we have encountered an
inifinite loop:

bgerror failed to handle background error.
    Original error: Unknown state "quit_sent"
    Error in bgerror: invalid command name "bgerror"
bgerror failed to handle background error.
    Original error: too many nested calls to Tcl_EvalObj (infinite loop?)
    Error in bgerror: too many nested calls to Tcl_EvalObj (infinite loop?)

(This is using ftp_lib.tcl 2.3 with Tcl 8.3 on Solaris)

Has anyone experienced this?

TIA,

    Duncan Campbell

Fri, 01 Oct 2004 21:04:38 GMT

Have these errors been reported to http://tcllib.sf.net/ ?

:Secondly, a couple of times after experiencing these false-positive results
:when we have attempted to quit the connection, we have encountered an
:inifinite loop:

Has this one been reported as well?
--
"I know of vanishingly few people ... who choose to use ksh." "I'm a minority!"

Sat, 02 Oct 2004 00:09:04 GMT

1. 2.3 a1 True/False bug in tkinter?

2. Assign to True / False in 2.3

3. Python 2.3 True = False

4. puts -timeout or puts should return n_written

5. ftp_lib.tcl

6. A bug in ftp_lib.tcl ( 1.2 ) ?

7. Something wrong in my program with ftp_lib.tcl ( 1.2 )

8. ftp_lib.tcl 1.2 and strange behaviour !

9. Timeout connection

10. ftplib -- how to timeout a connection

11. TCP connection timeout

12. TclDOM 2.3 :problems with booleans in domimpl.tcl