Telnet Connection Handle???
Author Message
 Telnet Connection Handle???

I was coding the Expect script to remotely control a linux host via
Telnet. In some cases, the Telnet session wasn't successfully
established that would cause the script broken. Can any one tell me how
to deal with such situation?

Regards
Eric Lin

Sat, 07 Jun 2008 15:58:22 GMT
 Telnet Connection Handle???

Quote:

> I was coding the Expect script to remotely control a linux host via
> Telnet. In some cases, the Telnet session wasn't successfully
> established that would cause the script broken. Can any one tell me how
> to deal with such situation?

> Regards
> Eric Lin

The simplest solution would be to add a pattern that matches what you
see when the session fails.  Then exit, retry, or do whatever you feel
is appropriate.

Don

Mon, 09 Jun 2008 03:57:52 GMT

1. data socket/ telnet connections

2. queueing information into a telnet connection

3. passing off telnet connection

4. FTP vs Telnet Connection Times

5. FTP vs Telnet Connection Times

6. Constant Telnet Connection

7. Expect Capturing Connection refused in Telnet

8. Expect connection to Windows 2000 telnet server

9. Expect connection to Windows 2000 telnet server

10. Reading all text in telnet connection

11. Forwarding ftp- and telnet-connections to other IP

12. Telnet connection