Using exec in DOS/Windows environment
Author Message
 Using exec in DOS/Windows environment

I've been building a new tcl/tk application with v8.0p2 in a DOS/Win'95
environment. I want to run two outside programs together. One is another
interpreted language (OmniMark) and then I want to run the standard DOS
sort command on the output. I have an entry like follows:

        set info  [eval exec omle.exe -f {$parms_file}]

The above line has no problems finding the Omnimark interpreter from my
current path settings with no problem. If I change the entry to one of the
following:

        set info  [eval exec omle.exe -f {$parms_file} | sort]
        set info  [eval exec omle.exe -f {$parms_file} | sort.exe]
        set info  [eval exec omle.exe -f {$parms_file} | c:/windows/command/sort.exe]
        set info  [eval exec omle.exe -f {$parms_file} | c:/command.com /c sort.exe]

I get an error indicating the file or path is not found on sort, sort.exe orr
the command.com. Even trying to just run sort by itself results in these
same errors.

Can anyone help explain the inconsistancy here?

..dan

Sun, 04 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using dos/windows environment variables in gawk script

2. using exec in windows nt exec on tcl scripts

3. can't pass environment vars using exec

4. Eiffel compiler for DOS / environment for windows

5. DOS/Windows functional environment

6. DOS ENVIRONMENT IN WINDOWS

7. exec, Windows 95 and Dos tools

8. Issues using the exec command in Windows ME?

9. using exec in windows 98

10. Using "exec" under Windows 95/NT

11. Using Tcl/TK extensions in Windows 95/NT environments

12. DOS EXEC under DOS/4GW