no display name and no $DISPLAY environment variable
Author Message
 no display name and no $DISPLAY environment variable

I installed the tcl and tk 8.1.1 libraries on my Linux machine. Now,
when I try to start xbiff2 I get the error message:
"no display name and no $DISPLAY environment variable"
Where should I set these variables?
Thankx, Marc

Tue, 29 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 no display name and no $DISPLAY environment variable

Quote:

>I installed the tcl and tk 8.1.1 libraries on my Linux machine. Now,
>when I try to start xbiff2 I get the error message:
>"no display name and no $DISPLAY environment variable"
>Where should I set these variables?
>Thankx, Marc

Your profile file. .chsrc, .profile, .ksh, whatever one is
appropriate for your shell.

Derek
derekm at airmail dot net

Tue, 29 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 no display name and no $DISPLAY environment variable

Quote:

>>I installed the tcl and tk 8.1.1 libraries on my Linux machine. Now,
>>when I try to start xbiff2 I get the error message:
>>"no display name and no $DISPLAY environment variable"
>>Where should I set these variables?
>>Thankx, Marc

> Your profile file. .chsrc, .profile, .ksh, whatever one is
> appropriate for your shell.

Pointing out the obvious: it should be set automatically when you run X11. You
*are* running X, aren't you?

Penguin Power!           Nothing I say reflects the views of my employer

CGI - FWFM Project                                 Phone: (514) 391-9523

Fri, 01 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. no display name and no $DISPLAY environment variable -- ????

2. Dumb Newbie Question: no $DISPLAY environment variable

3. icons displayed in browses not displaying

4. Display.TransferBlock not supported by display

5. Display RGB pixel data in a display window

6. DISPLAY statement and screen displays

7. changes fixed the Histogram display but spoilt the Geometry display

8. can't read env(DISPLAY) from regexp with $env(DISPLAY)

9. Display environments

10. wish: $DISPLAY environment ???

11. D5 Package changes and SmalltalkWorkspaceDocument display name oddness...

12. help:displaying user/login name