GPU programming from TCL
Author Message
 GPU programming from TCL

Has anyone figured out how to do GPU programming from TCL?

Sun, 28 Sep 2008 11:43:35 GMT
 GPU programming from TCL
Can you explain what you mean by "GPU programming" ?

Regards,

Arjen

Sun, 28 Sep 2008 15:54:05 GMT
 GPU programming from TCL
Quote:

> Can you explain what you mean by "GPU programming" ?

> Regards,

> Arjen

there once was a port of gcc?? presented that could
generate code for simd type things for the gpu on nvidia
and ati graphics-cards.

was presented on slashdot and some other places in ~2003/4.

http://libsh.org/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions

and

NVIDIA has tools to move heavy computing to the GPU on
the VideoCard ( newer models ) this can be very usefull.

http://developer.nvidia.com/object/cg_toolkit.html

uwe

Sun, 28 Sep 2008 16:23:20 GMT
 GPU programming from TCL

Quote:

> Has anyone figured out how to do GPU programming from TCL?

Hello,

Tcl3d (http://www.tcl3d.org/) has a wrapper for
the NVidia Cg language.

GS

Mon, 29 Sep 2008 01:21:36 GMT
 GPU programming from TCL
It also supports OpenGL 2.0, so you can program in GLSL or Cg, whichever
fits your needs.
Examples in both shader languages are on the website.

Paul

Quote:

> > Has anyone figured out how to do GPU programming from TCL?

> Hello,

> Tcl3d (http://www.tcl3d.org/) has a wrapper for
> the NVidia Cg language.

> GS

Mon, 29 Sep 2008 03:10:01 GMT
 GPU programming from TCL

Quote:

> Can you explain what you mean by "GPU programming" ?

> Regards,

> Arjen

I need to mesh warp a stream of images in real time.  The warp coordinates
vary slightly over time.

What I would like to do is
1. create a texture
2. read a image frame onto the texture
3. mesh warp a uniform (x,y) coordinate grid from the video frame onto
   (u,v) coordinates that are slightly perturbed from the (x,y) image
   coordinates

I understand that a GPU has real performance gains over OpenGL
CPU based code.

My goal is to produce an OS independent GUI that orchestrates the
the process using TCL. Development will be done under LINUX but the
deployment will be both LINUX and XP.  I have strong reasons for using
TCL.

I will take a look at tcl3d, http://www.tcl3d.org/

Mon, 29 Sep 2008 10:09:08 GMT
 GPU programming from TCL

Quote:

> It also supports OpenGL 2.0, so you can program in GLSL or Cg, whichever
> fits your needs.
> Examples in both shader languages are on the website.

> Paul

>> > Has anyone figured out how to do GPU programming from TCL?

>> Hello,

>> Tcl3d (http://www.tcl3d.org/) has a wrapper for
>> the NVidia Cg language.

>> GS

P*E*R*F*E*C*T !!!  There is a Cg/GLSL demo, ogl_vertex_displacement, that
I can hack to meet my needs.

Thanks for the link.

Mon, 29 Sep 2008 10:44:16 GMT

1. GPU programming with Fortran?

2. Requests synthesable GPU

3. Vhdl GPU

4. GPU memory access

5. Video cards GPU's and ASM

6. GPU usesable as CPU

7. Connecting a C program with a tcl program with a socket

8. programs in "Effective Tcl programming"

9. How to convert XMotif program to Tcl/Tk program

10. Running a Tcl/Tk applet within a Tcl/Tk program

11. Verification of Official Builds for Open Source (Not Tcl-specific, but it is a Tcl program)

12. Q: Making program both callable from TCL and to call itself with TCL