tcl_platform for Windows XP?
Author Message
 tcl_platform for Windows XP?

What is the value of tcl_platform(os) under Windows XP Pro?
What about under Windows XP (Home Edition)?

Thanks,
John

Fri, 30 Jul 2004 21:22:20 GMT
 tcl_platform for Windows XP?
What is the value of $tcl_platform(os) forWindows XP Pro?
What about for Windows XP (Home Edition)?

Thanks,
John

Fri, 30 Jul 2004 21:19:51 GMT
 tcl_platform for Windows XP?
Windows XP Professional:
(petasis) 1 % parray tcl_platform
tcl_platform(byteOrder) = littleEndian
tcl_platform(debug)     = 1
tcl_platform(machine)   = intel
tcl_platform(os)        = Windows NT
tcl_platform(osVersion) = 5.1
tcl_platform(platform)  = windows
tcl_platform(user)      = George

Why do you expact they will be different under XP home edition?
Were they different under the various NT 2000 flavours?
George

Quote:
> What is the value of tcl_platform(os) under Windows XP Pro?
> What about under Windows XP (Home Edition)?

> Thanks,
> John

Fri, 30 Jul 2004 23:15:28 GMT
 tcl_platform for Windows XP?

Quote:
> What is the value of $tcl_platform(os) forWindows XP Pro?
> What about for Windows XP (Home Edition)?

I don't have an XP box to test this, but I do have the Tcl sources. :-)

Windows platforms only come in three flavors:  Win32s, Windows 95, and
Windows NT.  I understand that XP's heritage is from the WinNT platform,
so I would expect the OS to identify itself as NT.

Bob
--

Mayo Foundation                                 (507) 538-5495
200 First St. SW                            FAX (507) 284-9171

Fri, 30 Jul 2004 23:31:20 GMT
 tcl_platform for Windows XP?

Quote:

I copied this to http://mini.net/cgi-bin/wikit/1649.html

--
Christopher Nelson, Senior Software Engineer    Pinebush Technologies,
Inc.
Author: Tcl/Tk Programmer's Reference
http://www.purl.org/net/TclTkProgRef

Fri, 30 Jul 2004 23:41:35 GMT
 tcl_platform for Windows XP?

Quote:

> What is the value of $tcl_platform(os) forWindows XP Pro?
> What about for Windows XP (Home Edition)?

You might be interested in this page:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/sysi...

Regards,
        Klaus

Sat, 31 Jul 2004 00:48:20 GMT
 tcl_platform for Windows XP?

Quote:

> What is the value of $tcl_platform(os) forWindows XP Pro?

The real question should be "What is the value of XP Pro?"

Sat, 31 Jul 2004 06:30:35 GMT
 tcl_platform for Windows XP?

Quote:

>> Windows XP Professional:
>> (petasis) 1 % parray tcl_platform
>> tcl_platform(byteOrder) = littleEndian
>> tcl_platform(debug)     = 1
>> tcl_platform(machine)   = intel
>> tcl_platform(os)        = Windows NT
>> tcl_platform(osVersion) = 5.1
>> tcl_platform(platform)  = windows
>> tcl_platform(user)      = George

>I copied this to http://mini.net/cgi-bin/wikit/1649.html

IIRC  WinME says it's osVersion is 4.9 :)

--
Pat Thoyts          http://www.zsplat.freeserve.co.uk/resume.html
To reply, rot13 the return address or read the X-Address header.

Sat, 31 Jul 2004 08:52:40 GMT
 tcl_platform for Windows XP?

Quote:

> > What is the value of $tcl_platform(os) forWindows XP Pro?

> The real question should be "What is the value of XP Pro?"

From what I hear, $0.00 USD. But then, I am a born again Penguin lover.

--
Iain B. Findleton
http://pages.infinit.net/cclients

The motto "Honi soit qui mal y pense" is found
frequently on devices of death and distruction!

The motto "E pluribus unum" is found on an item
that strongly distinguishes those that have it
from those who don't!

Sat, 31 Jul 2004 21:43:23 GMT

1. tcl_platform(os) value in Windows 2000?

2. XP mean Windows XP proffessional

3. Clarion 5 app, windows 98 and windows XP

4. windows clipboard access with windows xp

5. Windows XP X OTHER Windows

6. Help of Fortran 77 in Windows 98 and Windows 2000 or XP.

7. is tcl programs running on windows 2000 professional and windows xp gives diff results

8. Windows XP 64-Bit Ed., XP Corporate Ed. with incl. SP1, and XP Slipstream Sp1 Corporate

9. VisualAge For Smalltalk 5.0 On Windows XP

10. APL2 - Windows XP

11. APL2, Windows XP

12. APL+Win Version 2.0 and Windows XP