tcllib: missing subdir 'config'?
Author Message
 tcllib: missing subdir 'config'?

Trying out the tcllib module checked out from NetCVS:

$ cd tcllib
$ ./configure
creating cache ./config.cache
configure: error: can not find install-sh or install.sh in config ./config

It looks like tcllib is supposed to include a subdirectory named
config in which all modules share their configuration information,
and in which generally useful utilities like install-sh are found,
but that directory is not coming with the cvs checkout.  Does a
cvs module definition need some maintenance?

--
| Don Porter, D.Sc.   Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division |

| http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;                      NIST |

Tue, 27 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 tcllib: missing subdir 'config'?

:It looks like tcllib is supposed to include a subdirectory named
:config in which all modules share their configuration information,

There is a Scriptics 'package' called config which has to be copied
into the various TEA (and other) packages.

--

Thu, 29 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 tcllib: missing subdir 'config'?

Quote:

>: It looks like tcllib is supposed to include a subdirectory named
>: config in which all modules share their configuration information,

> There is a Scriptics 'package' called config which has to be copied
> into the various TEA (and other) packages.

Thanks for the information.  Sounds like my guess was correct, then.
The module definition for module 'tcllib' needs to have "&config"
appended to it.  Any idea who to notify about that?

--
| Don Porter, D.Sc.   Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division |

| http://math.nist.gov/mcsd/Staff/DPorter/                        NIST |

Thu, 29 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 tcllib: missing subdir 'config'?

The &config has already been appended to the tcllib module definition.
CVS "update" will not pick that up, however; you need to do a full
"checkout".

- eric

Quote:

> >: It looks like tcllib is supposed to include a subdirectory named
> >: config in which all modules share their configuration information,

> > There is a Scriptics 'package' called config which has to be copied
> > into the various TEA (and other) packages.

> Thanks for the information.  Sounds like my guess was correct, then.
> The module definition for module 'tcllib' needs to have "&config"
> appended to it.  Any idea who to notify about that?

Fri, 30 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 tcllib: missing subdir 'config'?

Quote:

> The &config has already been appended to the tcllib module definition.
> CVS "update" will not pick that up, however; you need to do a full
> "checkout".

I just did another full get, but I still get an error right away with the
configure command:

    configure: error: can not find install-sh or install.sh in config
./config

Help?
Thanks -RPM
--
Ross Mohn

www.waxandwane.com

Fri, 30 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 tcllib: missing subdir 'config'?

Quote:
>   Scriptics NetCVS module bug (was Re: Code from Scriptics netcvs [Was: Re:
>                      tcllib: missing subdir 'config'?])

>>: It looks like tcllib is supposed to include a subdirectory named
>>: config in which all modules share their configuration information,

>> There is a Scriptics 'package' called config which has to be copied
>> into the various TEA (and other) packages.

>Thanks for the information.  Sounds like my guess was correct, then.
>The module definition for module 'tcllib' needs to have "&config"
>appended to it.  Any idea who to notify about that?

Well, technically, config isn't a Tcl package.  It's a CVS 'chunk' -
I don't know what CVS refers to the entities at this level.  All it
appears to be is a set of files in a directory that you have to copy
into each of the packages...
--

-><-

Sat, 31 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 tcllib: missing subdir 'config'?

My mistake; I did not realize that the anonymous CVS repository used a
different module setup than the one we use internally.  The problem is
fixed now, so you should be able to get the tcllib package now.  Remember
to do a complete checkout of it, to get the config module.

- eric

Quote:

> > The &config has already been appended to the tcllib module definition.
> > CVS "update" will not pick that up, however; you need to do a full
> > "checkout".

> I just did another full get, but I still get an error right away with the
> configure command:

>     configure: error: can not find install-sh or install.sh in config
> ./config

> Help?
> Thanks -RPM
> --
> Ross Mohn

> www.waxandwane.com

Sat, 31 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Q: auto_path extension by tcllib's/tklib's pkgIndex.tcl

2. 'logger' package added to tcllib CVS

3. TclPro, tcllib's pop3, TclTidy, etc...what I'm up to

4. If you missed EuroDevCon '98 you wont want to miss this

5. Icons missing in 'Local' mode

6. Pwm.NoteBook - 'Color' module missing

7. missing 'Scrolling-fred-dialog-item'

8. Missing 'libc.so.4' on linux

9. Config::CONFIG['build_alias'] ?

10. abort transfers in tcllib's ftp package?

11. example of tcllib's mime extension

12. Bug in tcllib's profiler???