TCL 8.2.1 for Win98 under VC++ 6.0
Author Message
 TCL 8.2.1 for Win98 under VC++ 6.0

Question:  Can TCL8.2.1 be built with VC++ v6.0?  The docs only talk
about 2.0 through 5.0 and say that 8.2.1 was compiled under VC++ 5.0..
I have been trying to get TCL to work under VC++ v6.0 for several days
now.  Am I beating a dead horse or is there something I need to do that
isn't listed in the documentation?

If anyone can help me with this minor problem I would greatly
appreciate it..

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 31 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 TCL 8.2.1 for Win98 under VC++ 6.0

Quote:

>If anyone can help me with this minor problem I would greatly
>appreciate it..

From the /win of the Tcl 8.2.1 distribution open a command prompt.
run vcvars32.bat, if you need to (it's in the VC bin directory).
Enter this at the command prompt:

nmake -f makefile.vc release

You'll need to edit some of the paths in the makefile.  all are at the
top and explained.

--
* David Gravereaux *
Tomahawk Software Group

Sun, 31 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 TCL 8.2.1 for Win98 under VC++ 6.0
Yes...in fact BizConnect uses Tcl/Tk 8.2.1 built with VC++ 6.0, but
using the TEA makefiles.

You might need to remove the /WX switch (which turns warnings into
errors).  The newer compiler is a little more picky.

-- Scott

Quote:

> Question:  Can TCL8.2.1 be built with VC++ v6.0?  The docs only talk
> about 2.0 through 5.0 and say that 8.2.1 was compiled under VC++ 5.0..
> I have been trying to get TCL to work under VC++ v6.0 for several days
> now.  Am I beating a dead horse or is there something I need to do that
> isn't listed in the documentation?

> If anyone can help me with this minor problem I would greatly
> appreciate it..

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sun, 31 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. debugging python extension modules with MS vc++ 6.0

2. Compiling tcl/tk with VC++ 5.0 on Win98

3. VC++ 6.0 GUP application with TCL 8.4

4. VC++ 6.0 GUI application with TCL 8.4

5. tcl App-Wizard for VC++ 6.0

6. Need advice to compile Tcl/C under VC++ 6.0

7. VC 6.0 and Tcl/Tk

8. Incr Tcl from CVS will not build with my VC++ 6.0 install

9. How To Compile Tcl/Tk with VC 6.0 ?

10. Compiling Tcl/Tk using VC++ 6.0

11. vc++ 6 swig tcl c++

12. tcl-tk Vc++ problem