What is "BAD ASSUMPTION"?
Author Message
 What is "BAD ASSUMPTION"?

Very strange thing.

Version: tclsh8.5a2
OS: Cygwin (homecooked with manually corrected problem with dlls - maybe you
remember)

The scripts works correctly, behaves as I expected, produces expected results.
With only one "small" disturbance - this text is printed on stderr:

BAD ASSUMPTION

I tried to select the fragment of code, in which it happens, believing that
this text is not queued anywhere, but printed directly when something wrong
happens.

This is a small fragment, what is in this place:

proc processlines text {

        set lines [split $text \n]

}

foreach par $parlist {
        set par [do some replacements with $par]

        set linesout [processlines $par]

}

I placed marks in two places. First is just before the instruction, where
[processlines] is called. Second mark was the first command in [processlines].
The "BAD ASSUMPTION" text is printed between them.

First I thought that there is something wrong with the length of text or its
contents, but no - this just happens first time the [processlines] is called.

The script is a bit long, so I wouldn't like to send it on the group. The
script itself is also not enough; you would require also the input text it
converts. Please let me know if this is a known problem (resolved/to be
resolved) or this is something unknown; I'll send both script and the input
text to the interrested.

Regards,

--
//  _    ___         Michal "Sektor" Malecki <sektor(whirl)kis.p.lodz.pl>
\\ L_ |/ `|  /^\ ,()                         <ethourhs(O)wp.pl>

Wed, 14 Nov 2007 03:04:39 GMT

1. Win95: inhibit network drive assumption for "//"

2. string.join(["Tk 4.2p2", "Python 1.4", "Win32", "free"], "for")

3. Printing "bad" font

4. "ep": Bad News

5. "Bad Managers" website

6. "bad file descriptor" from tcp sockets

7. "bad synchronous description" in Xilinx WebPack

8. Checking strings for "bad" characters

9. bad option "identify"

10. bad option "_scrollWidget" when Freewrapped

11. "Bad DLL calling convention" error

12. "Bad listbox index ..." error