Windows: how to create a window that shows contents while dragging
Author Message
 Windows: how to create a window that shows contents while dragging

I'm working on a docking dialog widget and I need to get <Configure>
events when one of my windows is moved.  I have the option on my
system to "Show window contents while dragging" turned off (shows a
empty sqare on the desktop) so I don't get events until the move is
finalized.  I have noticed other applications (MS Office ...) which
ignore the above setting and show the contents of their toolbar
windows when they are dragged around. I'd like to replicate this
behavior.

Any idea how to get the window to send events as it's dragged around
regardless of the desktop setting?  I'm not opposed to adding some
special "C" code to set the appropriate properties.

I'm working on Windows for now but I'd like to eventually come up with
a UNIX version as well.

#...
toplevel .t
wm transient .t .
bind .t <Configure> [list dock %W]
proc doc {w} {
  set x [winfo pointerx $w]
  set y [winfo pointery $y]
  # if x and y are within some rectangle copy the contents of
  # .t to some other frame ...

Quote:
}

Thanks,

Ahran

Fri, 28 May 2004 12:29:17 GMT
 Windows: how to create a window that shows contents while dragging
I don't think it is possible.
Perhaps office handles the toolbar windows by
special code...

George

Quote:

> I'm working on a docking dialog widget and I need to get <Configure>
> events when one of my windows is moved.  I have the option on my
> system to "Show window contents while dragging" turned off (shows a
> empty sqare on the desktop) so I don't get events until the move is
> finalized.  I have noticed other applications (MS Office ...) which
> ignore the above setting and show the contents of their toolbar
> windows when they are dragged around. I'd like to replicate this
> behavior.

> Any idea how to get the window to send events as it's dragged around
> regardless of the desktop setting?  I'm not opposed to adding some
> special "C" code to set the appropriate properties.

> I'm working on Windows for now but I'd like to eventually come up with
> a UNIX version as well.

> #...
> toplevel .t
> wm transient .t .
> bind .t <Configure> [list dock %W]
> proc doc {w} {
>   set x [winfo pointerx $w]
>   set y [winfo pointery $y]
>   # if x and y are within some rectangle copy the contents of
>   # .t to some other frame ...
> }

> Thanks,

> Ahran

Fri, 28 May 2004 15:13:30 GMT

1. contents of toplevel window does not show up in XF

2. Using Windows DLLs NOT Created in Clarion for Windows

3. Followup Q) Container windows - creating multiple windows

4. Q) Container windows - creating multiple windows

5. Dragging, dynamically creating controls and window refresh

6. drawing in window, created by ms windows

7. ANNOUNCE: Helga - ODBC,CGI,Tcl,Windows NT,Windows 95,MS Windows

8. Drag & Drop from MS-Windows

9. Transparency while dragging windows or objects?

10. Drag and drop under Windows?

11. File Drag & Drop with Global Windows

12. Live dragging windows