TCOM: Using tcom to create a Hyperlink in Excel
Author Message
 TCOM: Using tcom to create a Hyperlink in Excel

Hi everybody,

I have a question concerning TCOM. I use TCL to put Data into Excel
worksheets. There are several testscripts I am running and each of
them creates it's own worksheet in one workbook. I also create a
summary worksheet, into which I write the title an final result of
each testscript.

What I would like to do is to add a Hyperlink to every workspace from
the according Cell in the summary sheet.

I have been able to create a HYPERLINKS object using:
set Cell [$Cells Range A1:E1]
set Hypers [$Cell Hyperlinks]

The problem is, that I have no clue how tue implement the Add Method
for the Hyperlinks-Object. The Add Method asks for several Parameters
and I really don't know how to pass on several parameters in one
go....

I've tried several ways, but I just doesn't work.

Like I said, I'm trying to add a Hyperlink to a worksheet in the same
workbook.

I hope someone can help me with this question...

Many thx in advance

Friedrich

Sat, 23 Jul 2005 23:15:03 GMT
 TCOM: Using tcom to create a Hyperlink in Excel
Just a guess, {*filter*}check out -namedarg.

Here is a code snip that uses -namedarg. Maybe it will be relevant.

    <some preamble not included>
    ::set ::HPageBreaks [$::Sheets HPageBreaks]
    $::HPageBreaks Count
    0
    ::set Range [$::Sheet1 Range A10]
    $::Range Activate
    $::HPageBreaks -namedarg Add Before $::Range
    $::HPageBreaks Count
    1

Hop this helps.

Bob

Quote:

> The problem is, that I have no clue how tue implement the Add Method
> for the Hyperlinks-Object. The Add Method asks for several Parameters
> and I really don't know how to pass on several parameters in one
> go....

> I've tried several ways, but I just doesn't work.

> Friedrich

Mon, 25 Jul 2005 00:44:17 GMT
 TCOM: Using tcom to create a Hyperlink in Excel

Quote:
> Just a guess, {*filter*}check out -namedarg.

Ummm... I think that should be "{*filter*}*cheek*"   ;^)

Jeff

Mon, 25 Jul 2005 01:04:04 GMT
 TCOM: Using tcom to create a Hyperlink in Excel
Nope. "{*filter*}check" is right.

It means to thoroughly check your spelling, syntax, etc before hitting
"send". If you don't, you end up with your {*filter*}stuck out where sharp
readers kick it.

Bob
(posteriorus footprintus)

Quote:

> > Just a guess, {*filter*}check out -namedarg.

> Ummm... I think that should be "{*filter*}*cheek*"   ;^)

> Jeff

Mon, 25 Jul 2005 01:15:02 GMT
 TCOM: Using tcom to create a Hyperlink in Excel

Quote:

>What I would like to do is to add a Hyperlink to every workspace from
>the according Cell in the summary sheet.

>I have been able to create a HYPERLINKS object using:
>set Cell [$Cells Range A1:E1]
>set Hypers [$Cell Hyperlinks]

>The problem is, that I have no clue how tue implement the Add Method
>for the Hyperlinks-Object. The Add Method asks for several Parameters
>and I really don't know how to pass on several parameters in one
>go....

This example shows how to add a hyperlink that references another
cell in the same workbook.

    set hyperlinks [$worksheet Hyperlinks]
    set anchor [$worksheet Range "A1"]
    $hyperlinks Add $anchor "" "Sheet2!B2"

Mon, 25 Jul 2005 11:07:00 GMT
 TCOM: Using tcom to create a Hyperlink in Excel

Quote:

> >What I would like to do is to add a Hyperlink to every workspace from
> >the according Cell in the summary sheet.

> >I have been able to create a HYPERLINKS object using:
> >set Cell [$Cells Range A1:E1]
> >set Hypers [$Cell Hyperlinks]

> >The problem is, that I have no clue how tue implement the Add Method
> >for the Hyperlinks-Object. The Add Method asks for several Parameters
> >and I really don't know how to pass on several parameters in one
> >go....

> This example shows how to add a hyperlink that references another
> cell in the same workbook.

>     set hyperlinks [$worksheet Hyperlinks]
>     set anchor [$worksheet Range "A1"]
>     $hyperlinks Add $anchor "" "Sheet2!B2"

Thank you very much for your help.

This worked fine....

Bye

Friedrich

Tue, 02 Aug 2005 21:19:26 GMT

1. Using tcom with Excel

2. generating graphs in excel using tcom

3. Using Excel with tcom

4. edit an Excel Chart using TCL TCOM

5. TCOM: how to access Excell worksheets with tcom

6. tcom, setting Excel, PageSetup Zoom property to False

7. Tcom Excel problem

8. tcom and Excel

9. tcom Excel activate borders of individual cells

10. TCOM Excel Opening tab delimited txt file

11. tcom -- excel

12. TCOM Excel LastCell