BLT2.4h graph element order has been reversed.
Author Message
 BLT2.4h graph element order has been reversed.

I've just been looking at the changes to the graph widget in blt2.4h
since 2.1.

One of the changes is a reversal in the order that elements are
displayed.  In general, this makes sense - the first elements created
are displayed at the front (or top for stacked barmode) rather than at
the back (or bottom).  However, for aligned barmode (and also the new
overlap barmode) putting the first elements on the right seems a bit
strange.  In particular, if the legend is at the bottom, then the
first elements in it are displayed on the left, in contrast to the
graph body.

Would it be too hard to reverse the display of elements for aligned
and overlap barmodes?

A script to demonstrate the problem follows:

    package require BLT

    blt::graph .g -barmode aligned -title "Aligned bars"
    pack .g

    .g legend configure -position bottom

    .g bar create first  -xdata {1 2 3 4 5} -ydata {1 4 2 5 3} -fg red
    .g bar create second -xdata {1 2 3 4 5} -ydata {2 3 1 4 5} -fg green
    .g bar create third  -xdata {1 2 3 4 5} -ydata {3 1 4 5 2} -fg blue

--
Greg McFarlane

Tue, 30 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 BLT2.4h graph element order has been reversed.

: Would it be too hard to reverse the display of elements for aligned
: and overlap barmodes?

Not very hard. The change is in the new snapshot later this week.

[This will also fix the problems compiling with Tcl/Tk 8.1.  Thank you
to all those who have sent me bug-reports. I appreciate your help.]

There are at least a couple of goofs fixed.  In "stacked" mode, the
first element is now on the bottom instead of on-top, reflecting the
way the elements are displayed in the legend.

In "aligned" and "overlap" modes, the bar segments will be positioned
from right-to-left, so the first element is the rightmost segment.

--gah

Fri, 02 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. BLT 2.4h graph widget bug report

2. blt2.4u -> blt2.4x graph legend hack

3. MSWLogo 6.4h - setfont command fails - WinXP Pro

4. MSWLogo 6.4h - setfont command fails - WinXP Pro

5. LOGO-L> MSWLogo 6.4h is available

6. black background in BLT2.4z graph snapshot

7. blt2.4x core dump from swapping axes on graph widget

8. Blt2.4 Y Graph Memory problem

9. blt2.4u graph + hierbox problems

10. BLT2.4 graph memory leak

11. BLT2.1 graph -title option does not work?

12. Reverse Engineering Continued (Am I on the right track)