No error message despite illegal code
Author Message
 No error message despite illegal code

If I have an error direkt in my scrit an error-box occures,
but with a command in button or menue nothing happens

button .b -label xxx -command { nonsens }

Pressing of  .b and noting happens.
Why ???
It is verry difficult to debug tcl/tk with his bug.

Andreas

Thu, 20 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 No error message despite illegal code

Quote:

> If I have an error direkt in my scrit an error-box occures,
> but with a command in button or menue nothing happens

> button .b -label xxx -command { nonsens }

> Pressing of  .b and noting happens.
> Why ???
> It is verry difficult to debug tcl/tk with his bug.

"-label" is not documented as an option for labels.  Try "-text".

Your code would not run on my systems until I made this change.
Then it ran fine (it DID pop-up an error dialog).

I am using wish 8.0b2, and do not experience a problem on a PC with
Windows95 or on a Sun with Solaris 2.4.  I also tried wish 4.1 on the
Sun, and still no problem.

The following code worked as expected:

button .b -text xxx -command { nonsens }
pack .b

Thu, 20 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Illegal Characters in Alias Error Message

2. illegal operation: error message is labview caused page fault in labview.exe at 015f:008ad23a

3. Illegal Op Message

4. illegal operation message

5. why error message on this form code below

6. illegal FP operations, warning messages and RISC compilers

7. Logon Script gets illegal operation message

8. How illegal is this code ???

9. C5PE Tab Control generates Illegal Operation Error

10. CFD 3102 : Processor Violation Error - (Illegal operation by a program in Mem)

11. Error C2035 Illegal declaration