popupmenu bug on windows
Author Message
 popupmenu bug on windows

Hi folks,

I have encountered a bug in the menu command in tcl/tk 8.0/8.2 (only
under win32)

When one entry is deleted, some other entries of the menu are not
accessable.

You can reproduce it with the attached script popup.tcl

$ wish.exe popup.tcl

Right-click on frame: all entries are accessable
Left-click on frame: {Print Dump new} are _NOT_ accessable

I'm sorry i can't check it with newer versions on win32 :-(

Ciao,

--
Markus Pietrek

Tel: +49-761-47094-13
Fax: +49-761-47094-29

Web: http://www.*-*-*.com/

Concept Engineering GmbH
Boetzinger Strasse 29
D-79111 Freiburg/Germany

  popup.tcl
< 1K Download

Tue, 25 Feb 2003 19:20:31 GMT
 popupmenu bug on windows

Markus Pietrek schrieb:

Quote:
> When one entry is deleted, some other entries of the menu are not
> accessable.
> [...] I'm sorry i can't check it with newer versions on win32 :-(

I just checked with 8.3.0, it's the same.

But you can avoid this bug with:

proc a {x y} {
    set no [.popup index end]
    for { set k 0 } { $k < $no } { incr k } {
      .popup insert 0 command
    }
    .popup delete 0 $no

    tk_popup .popup $x $y

Quote:
}

Don't ask me, why it works!

Peter

Tue, 25 Feb 2003 20:44:19 GMT
 popupmenu bug on windows

Quote:

> Don't ask me, why it works!

Nice hack. I had never guessed that.

--
Markus Pietrek

Tel: +49-761-47094-13
Fax: +49-761-47094-29

Web: http://www.concept.de

Concept Engineering GmbH
Boetzinger Strasse 29
D-79111 Freiburg/Germany

Tue, 25 Feb 2003 20:53:45 GMT
 popupmenu bug on windows

Quote:

> Hi folks,

> I have encountered a bug in the menu command in tcl/tk 8.0/8.2 (only
> under win32)

> When one entry is deleted, some other entries of the menu are not
> accessable.

I can't reproduce this with the latest Tk sources from CVS.  It was
probably related to bug #5275, which was recently fixed for 8.4a2.  Which
is to say, the bug seems to have been fixed.

   Eric Melski                            The Other Tcl Guy
   ericm at ajubasolutions.com            Ajuba Solutions

Wed, 26 Feb 2003 03:50:48 GMT

1. PopupMenu bug, menu bug, apple bug (worm)?

2. PopupMenu Bug?

3. Very long popupmenu bug?

4. Tix PopupMenu bug

5. PopUpMenu bug in ST80 4.0/Win 3.0?

6. BUGS, BUGS, BUGS, BUGS, C4 BUGS

7. popupmenu shadows persist in tabpanel

8. Looking for a replacement popupmenu type thingy

9. popupmenu and listbox

10. PopupMenu and Icons

11. Tabpanels and Popupmenu

12. RB 2.1: PopupMenu generates NilObjectException