BLT2.3 and Tix4.1.7.6 (BLT's widgets kill the ui)
Author Message
 BLT2.3 and Tix4.1.7.6 (BLT's widgets kill the ui)

Hi,

I am using Tcl7.6p2/Tk4.2p2, Tix 4.1.7.6 and BLT 2.3

I like the Tix widgets and simply want to put some
instrumentation like strip charts in tix's
notebook pages but when I run the code my ui simply
crashes.

The problem occurs in uiCreateGraph when I create a
'graph' widget. it simply dies. On the other hand
if I create a tixComboBox or any other widget except
BLT's widgets it works fine.

is there any incompatibility ?

suresh

# $w is a Tix notebook page frame in uiSim

proc uiSim {w} {

    global ui

    # Setup Frames
    tixLabelFrame $w.f1 -label "NOrth"

    uiCreateGraph [$w.f1 subwidget frame] north

    tixForm $w.f1 -top 0 -left 0 -right %33 -bottom %50

Quote:
}

proc uiCreateGraph {w name} {
    global ui
#    tixComboBox $w.$name
    graph $w.$name
    pack $w.$name -expand yes -fill both
Quote:
}

Sun, 19 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. kill '-SIGHUP', pgid -vs- kill 'SIGHUP', 0

2. Killing processes without using 'kill'

3. Thread#kill doesn't kill processes inside a thread

4. graph widget other than BLT's?

5. editing data in blt's treeview widget

6. editing data in blt's hiertable widget

7. Using BLT's table geometry manager inside tixLabelFrame widget

8. Status of BLT's tiled widgets

9. Converting from BLT-1.9 to BLT2.0

10. Looking for SmallTalk UI Regression Tester (Whether to test the UI)

11. LV6 UI slower than LV5 UI???

12. blt2.4x core dump from swapping axes on graph widget