Anyone managed to unzip mstcl73e.zip ?
Author Message
 Anyone managed to unzip mstcl73e.zip ?

I downloaded mstcl73e.zip and mstcl73s.zip from harbor.ecn.purdue.edu. I
have tried all the PC zip programs I have to dearchive the files to no
avail. has anyone managed to unzip the files and if how is it done ?  The
files are ok- no crc errors and some of the files in the archives actually
extract but most do not. The zip programs say that the  files are of an
unknown compression type.

Thanks for any advice.

--
Dwight Meglan

Sat, 20 Jul 1996 00:29:13 GMT
 Anyone managed to unzip mstcl73e.zip ?

Quote:
>&I downloaded mstcl73e.zip and mstcl73s.zip from harbor.ecn.purdue.edu. I
>&have tried all the PC zip programs I have to dearchive the files to no
>&avail. has anyone managed to unzip the files and if how is it done ?  The
>&files are ok- no crc errors and some of the files in the archives actually
>&extract but most do not. The zip programs say that the  files are of an
>&unknown compression type.
>&Thanks for any advice.
>&--
>&Dwight Meglan

To be short: for me it worked! After downloading I put it on my PC (with ftp)
and typed: pkunzip -d mstcl73e.zip (mstcl73s.zip) and after that I got all
I expected to get. I used the pkunzip version which comes with pkzip204g.
One idea: type pkunzip only and than 2 for advanced options, you might event-
ually find a solution there.
Hope that helps!

-Erwin

Sat, 20 Jul 1996 08:31:35 GMT
 Anyone managed to unzip mstcl73e.zip ?

Quote:

> >&I downloaded mstcl73e.zip and mstcl73s.zip from harbor.ecn.purdue.edu. I
> >&have tried all the PC zip programs I have to dearchive the files to no
> >&avail. has anyone managed to unzip the files and if how is it done ?  The
> >&files are ok- no crc errors and some of the files in the archives actually
> >&extract but most do not. The zip programs say that the  files are of an
> >&unknown compression type.

> >&Thanks for any advice.

> >&--
> >&Dwight Meglan

In followup, thank you to those who replied. I was using an old version of
pkzip (embarrassment...). Things dearchived fine once I got the current
version.

dwight

Sun, 21 Jul 1996 23:23:22 GMT

1. ZIP: Are there any generally avail unzip zip classes

2. Need a zip util to unzip msdos zipped files on a unix plat

3. Zip/Unzip-Routine for Strings

4. zip/unzip files from Clarion application

5. What Fun It Is To ZIP (and UnZip)

6. ZIP/UNZIP-Routine for Strings

7. Most efficient unzip - inverse of zip?

8. zip/unzip pictures doesn't work

9. REQ: P3007.ZIP P3007X.ZIP F3007.ZIP PATCH.EXE Clarion for DOS update patches

10. toolset.zip and scenev21.zip updated

11. New release of MEMVAR.ZIP (was: MEMVAR.ZIP)

12. There are two files rbxxx.zip and rbsrc.zip where