Compiling Tcl/Tk with Borland C++ 5.0
Author Message
 Compiling Tcl/Tk with Borland C++ 5.0

I would like to recompile the Tk version 8.2b3 distribution after fixing
a bug with the menubutton image display fuction (see my bug report). I
have no problem doing this under Linux so I know the fix works, but
under Windows 95 I am using Borland C++ 5.0 and there is no makefile.bc
delivered with the 8.2b3 distribution (there always used to be with
earlier versions of Tcl/Tk). If anybody has created a BC 5.0 makefile
for 8.2p3 I would be very grateful if I could get a copy.

Thanks,
Schelte Bron

Sat, 02 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Compiling Tcl/Tk with Borland C++ 5.0
We removed the makefile.bc because we were having trouble maintaining
it, especially without copies of Borland's compilers.

If anyone wishes to volunteer to keep the Borland makefiles up-to-date
for every release, please speak up.  We would prefer to move to the
autoconf/configure/gmake scheme, and this would involve just patching
the configure scripts for Windows to work properly with the Borland
compiler.  This would be easier for all of us in the long run.

-- Scott

Quote:

> I would like to recompile the Tk version 8.2b3 distribution after fixing
> a bug with the menubutton image display fuction (see my bug report). I
> have no problem doing this under Linux so I know the fix works, but
> under Windows 95 I am using Borland C++ 5.0 and there is no makefile.bc
> delivered with the 8.2b3 distribution (there always used to be with
> earlier versions of Tcl/Tk). If anybody has created a BC 5.0 makefile
> for 8.2p3 I would be very grateful if I could get a copy.

> Thanks,
> Schelte Bron

Sat, 02 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Compiling Tcl and Tk libraries with Borland C++

2. Compiling tcl/tk using Visual C++ 5.0

3. compiling tk8.0.4 with borland C++ 5.0

4. Compiling Tcl/Tk with Borland C++Builder 3.0 ?

5. compiling Tcl/Tk with Borland C++Builder 3.0 ?

6. Integrating with Tcl/Tk from Borland C++ Builder

7. Compiling tcl/tk with VC++ 5.0 on Win98

8. Q:building tcl/tk with Borland C++ Builder

9. Borland c++ and tcl\tk

10. Tcl/Tk Win95 and Borland C++

11. TCL/TK 8.0b1 under Visual C++ 5.0 problem

12. Inline assembly in Borland C++ 5.0