how to "enable Expect's diag mode"?
Author Message
 how to "enable Expect's diag mode"?

Last week I wrote this simple script and received errors indicating an
"invalid spawn id" right after the spawn command. Now I get the error on
the interact command (this all works fine using if I substitute ftp for
telnet). On the Expect FAQs page, Don Libes makes note that the diag
mode should be enabled ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ #q62) to see what
is happening internally. How do I do that? I wasn't able to find notes
to that effect anywhere...

(Next week, hopefully, I can get a new install of Expect and/or
Tcl/Tk... I am hoping the problem I am having here is not due to a "bad"
install as well...).

My script looks like:

#!/usr/local/bin/expect
spawn telnet fiat
expect "Escape"
interact

Sat, 24 Jul 2004 23:51:28 GMT
 how to "enable Expect's diag mode"?

Did you try to insert the line
exp_internal 1
at the beginning of your script?

Pam Eggler a crit :

Quote:
> Last week I wrote this simple script and received errors indicating an
> "invalid spawn id" right after the spawn command. Now I get the error on
> the interact command (this all works fine using if I substitute ftp for
> telnet). On the Expect FAQs page, Don Libes makes note that the diag
> mode should be enabled (http://expect.nist.gov/FAQ.html#q62) to see what
> is happening internally. How do I do that? I wasn't able to find notes
> to that effect anywhere...

> (Next week, hopefully, I can get a new install of Expect and/or
> Tcl/Tk... I am hoping the problem I am having here is not due to a "bad"
> install as well...).

> My script looks like:

> #!/usr/local/bin/expect
> spawn telnet fiat
> expect "Escape"
> interact

  yann.rapaport.vcf
< 1K Download

Sun, 25 Jul 2004 00:13:41 GMT
 how to "enable Expect's diag mode"?
Didn't know about that command.. thanks. I will give it a try.
Quote:

> Did you try to insert the line
> exp_internal 1
> at the beginning of your script?

> Pam Eggler a crit :

> > Last week I wrote this simple script and received errors indicating an
> > "invalid spawn id" right after the spawn command. Now I get the error on
> > the interact command (this all works fine using if I substitute ftp for
> > telnet). On the Expect FAQs page, Don Libes makes note that the diag
> > mode should be enabled (http://expect.nist.gov/FAQ.html#q62) to see what
> > is happening internally. How do I do that? I wasn't able to find notes
> > to that effect anywhere...

> > (Next week, hopefully, I can get a new install of Expect and/or
> > Tcl/Tk... I am hoping the problem I am having here is not due to a "bad"
> > install as well...).

> > My script looks like:

> > #!/usr/local/bin/expect
> > spawn telnet fiat
> > expect "Escape"
> > interact

Sun, 25 Jul 2004 03:24:41 GMT

1. '"""' and linefeed characters

2. Expect: help with "expect" statement

3. Enabling "super"

4. string.join(["Tk 4.2p2", "Python 1.4", "Win32", "free"], "for")

6. "'Snakeymathtem'": Virus?

7. launch an application in "batch" mode

8. Changing App into "Extended Mode"

9. Test for "Extended Mode Compatability"

10. LabView 5.1.1, 'Failure: "linker.c", line 1825': Please Help

11. HELP - Need "vertical mode" BROWSE

12. smalleiffel "ACE mode"