Tcl/Tk 'update idletasks; command
Author Message
 Tcl/Tk 'update idletasks; command

Hello,
I am writing a C++ program that uses Tcl/Tk to display three images in
an X-Window. I use the photo widget and try to load the images. The
problem is that the images do not appeared in the window, unless I use
the update idletasks command. In that case they appear but my program
stucks and I get the error message:

Quote:
> Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x1e3)!

and if I stop my program I get:

Quote:
> X Error of failed request:  BadImplementation (server does not implement operation)
> Major opcode of failed request:  20 (X_GetProperty)
> Serial number of failed request:  511
> Current serial number in output stream:  517

Can anybody help please ?

Tue, 16 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Tcl/Tk 'update idletasks' command

2. ? practical programming in tcl/tk book - update idletasks

3. Display update performance and `update idletasks'

4. scale doesn't show up with update idletasks

5. update versus update idletasks in tkinter

6. update, update idletasks, and file events

7. UPDATE: Tcl'97 Tcl Update Talk

8. Compile Tcl/tk but doesn't seem to updated my system

9. Tcl/Tk '98: 6th USENIX Tcl/Tk Conference

10. shipping tcl/tk apps to users who don't have tcl/tk installed

11. update idletasks

12. Unexpected [update idletasks] behavior