itcl2.2,plus,dash-core on unix
Author Message
 itcl2.2,plus,dash-core on unix

I'm trying to run itcl2.2, plus patch, dash patch
on unix. The patching went OK, ./configure -enable-shared,
make. Minor problem with png.h, replaced with newer
version. Now get a clean build.

Built with dynamic libs, get core dumps. Built
itkwish with static libs, core dumps. Often times
the core is in malloc or free, argh. Guess its
time for purify.

This happens on 3 platforms, alpha, HP, sparc.
It runs ok on windows (i thought it would be the
other way around).

I've poked around the web, and haven't noticed
anything relevent. Any ideas or suggestions.
It must be a{*filter*}pit error but ???

-ernie

Thu, 14 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 itcl2.2,plus,dash-core on unix

Quote:

>Built with dynamic libs, get core dumps. Built
>itkwish with static libs, core dumps. Often times
>the core is in malloc or free, argh. Guess its
>time for purify.

>This happens on 3 platforms, alpha, HP, sparc.
>It runs ok on windows (i thought it would be the
>other way around).

I've found the problem. The malloc arena gets
corrupted when displaying gif's with transparency.
The problem is with the plush patch. I've sent
the patch to the maintainer, if anyone needs
it (its real small) i can send it to them.

But i'd recommend loading img1.0. I did a quick
visual inspection of the code, it does not have
the problem. Img can be picked up through
http://www.cogsci.kun.nl/~nijtmans/tcl/
(Thanks Jan)

-ernie

Fri, 15 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Plus/Dash vs Tcl/Tk 8.2 ...

2. Stubs, plus patch, dash patch, img, and more

3. Tcl/Tk8.0.4 Plus/Dash patches and HPUX 10.10

4. Tests faild on tcl/tk 8.0.4 + plus and dash patch

5. Is anyone using Plus Dash Tk?

6. plus-, dash- and img- homepages moved!!!!!

7. Using plus AND dash patch?

8. itcl2.2 plus patch problem

9. itcl2.2 plus patch problem

10. Request: use of Tkpvm, plus- and dash-patches.

11. ANNOUNCE: plus-patch upgrade for Itcl2.2

12. ANNOUNCE: plus- and dash-patches for Tcl8.0a2/Tk8.0a2 available