Windows TCL sockets message size: limited?
Author Message
 Windows TCL sockets message size: limited?

Hi All,

I am porting a unix program to tcl, and have run into some problems with
the socket messaging. I send a string (about 8000 bytes) through a
socket, and I get the message that it has been successfully sent. The
tcl side, which receives the message, only seems to be able to read
about 3600 bytes of that message. I have set the sockets up (with
setsockopt) to carry that much info, but Tcl does not seem to care. The
UNIX implementation never had this problem.
Anyone run into a similar problem before?

Thanks for any help or pointer

Daniel

Sun, 19 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Windows TCL sockets message size: limited?

Quote:

> Hi All,

> I am porting a unix program to tcl, and have run into some problems with
> the socket messaging. I send a string (about 8000 bytes) through a
> socket, and I get the message that it has been successfully sent. The
> tcl side, which receives the message, only seems to be able to read
> about 3600 bytes of that message. I have set the sockets up (with
> setsockopt) to carry that much info, but Tcl does not seem to care. The
> UNIX implementation never had this problem.
> Anyone run into a similar problem before?

> Thanks for any help or pointer

> Daniel

 Daniel,

are you sending binary data? If so, Tcl might have a problem as long as you
do not use 8.0.

When I started with Tcl (7.5) I tried to create a tool that replaces an
arbitrary byte sequence in a specified file. It did not work with binary
files. The result was, that the resulting file was much shorter than the
original file. This sounds similar to your problem.

I hope, that this is of some help.

Parto

Mon, 20 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. File Size Limits on Windows 98 and NT

2. Image size limit on Windows OS

3. tcl clipboard size limit?

4. socket problems under windows: cannot load Socket.so under windows

5. TCL-DP Error Message: couldn't open socket: connection refused

6. Socket connection fails with socket already connected message

7. NT Tcl socket vs. UNIX Tcl socket

8. Socket failure in TCL executed through Java in Windows

9. Windows "C" vs TCL sockets

10. Windows C++ program with Tcl-socket communication

11. Automating email message in Tcl (Windows)

12. Scrollbars under windows don't have correct size if created with sizes other than default