bad option "identify"
Author Message
 bad option "identify"

I use iwidget::panewindow and I get sporadic this error.
Do not find out way, and can not find anything in the source code.
Any help for me?

 procedure ::tk::panedwindow::Motion:3: bad option "identify": should be one
of...
  .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive add tag ?arg arg ...?
  .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive cget option
  .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive childsite ?arg arg ...?
  .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive component ?name? ?arg arg
...?
  .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive config ?option? ?arg arg ...?
  .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive configure ?option? ?arg arg
...?
  .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive delete index
  .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive fraction ?arg arg ...?
  .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive hide index
  .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive index index
  .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive insert index tag ?arg arg
...?
  .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive isa className
  .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive paneconfigure index ?arg arg
...?
  .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive reset
  .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive show index
    while executing
"$w identify $x $y"
    (procedure "::tk::panedwindow::Motion" line 3)
    invoked from within
"::tk::panedwindow::Motion .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive 127
35 "
    (command bound to event)

Tue, 28 Nov 2006 16:48:37 GMT
 bad option "identify"
I have had this problem also.  I'm trying to recall the details from
memory.  At some point, (8.3 I think), TK introduced some class bindings
on the TCL only widgets, that are define before any widgets are created
(i.e Motion) and that conflict with the iwidget bindings.  If the event
fires before the iwidget has reset the binding, this error occurs.  Both
TK and iwidgets have a Panedwindow class. The sporadic nature is because
if you don't have any mouse movement, the event does not fire until
after the iwidget has been finalized and the bindings changed.

Personally, I do not like the ideal of defining the bindings before the
   actual widget is created.  I'm sure there can be other problems like
this waiting to occur.  Moving the bind calls inside the widget create
procedure and making them specific to the widget would be much safer.

Quote:

> I use iwidget::panewindow and I get sporadic this error.
> Do not find out way, and can not find anything in the source code.
> Any help for me?

>  procedure ::tk::panedwindow::Motion:3: bad option "identify": should be one
> of...
>   .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive add tag ?arg arg ...?
>   .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive cget option
>   .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive childsite ?arg arg ...?
>   .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive component ?name? ?arg arg
> ...?
>   .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive config ?option? ?arg arg ...?
>   .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive configure ?option? ?arg arg
> ...?
>   .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive delete index
>   .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive fraction ?arg arg ...?
>   .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive hide index
>   .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive index index
>   .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive insert index tag ?arg arg
> ...?
>   .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive isa className
>   .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive paneconfigure index ?arg arg
> ...?
>   .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive reset
>   .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive show index
>     while executing
> "$w identify $x $y"
>     (procedure "::tk::panedwindow::Motion" line 3)
>     invoked from within
> "::tk::panedwindow::Motion .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive 127
> 35 "
>     (command bound to event)

Tue, 28 Nov 2006 17:47:54 GMT
 bad option "identify"
Tx Jay for your summery.
Did found a way to solve this issue.
Is there a way to supress the event fires?

Actully I wrote an error handler, which ignors this error.
TAB

Quote:
> I have had this problem also.  I'm trying to recall the details from
> memory.  At some point, (8.3 I think), TK introduced some class bindings
> on the TCL only widgets, that are define before any widgets are created
> (i.e Motion) and that conflict with the iwidget bindings.  If the event
> fires before the iwidget has reset the binding, this error occurs.  Both
> TK and iwidgets have a Panedwindow class. The sporadic nature is because
> if you don't have any mouse movement, the event does not fire until
> after the iwidget has been finalized and the bindings changed.

> Personally, I do not like the ideal of defining the bindings before the
>    actual widget is created.  I'm sure there can be other problems like
> this waiting to occur.  Moving the bind calls inside the widget create
> procedure and making them specific to the widget would be much safer.

> > I use iwidget::panewindow and I get sporadic this error.
> > Do not find out way, and can not find anything in the source code.
> > Any help for me?

> >  procedure ::tk::panedwindow::Motion:3: bad option "identify": should be
one
> > of...
> >   .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive add tag ?arg arg ...?
> >   .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive cget option
> >   .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive childsite ?arg arg ...?
> >   .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive component ?name? ?arg arg
> > ...?
> >   .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive config ?option? ?arg arg
...?
> >   .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive configure ?option? ?arg
arg
> > ...?
> >   .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive delete index
> >   .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive fraction ?arg arg ...?
> >   .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive hide index
> >   .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive index index
> >   .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive insert index tag ?arg arg
> > ...?
> >   .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive isa className
> >   .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive paneconfigure index ?arg
arg
> > ...?
> >   .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive reset
> >   .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive show index
> >     while executing
> > "$w identify $x $y"
> >     (procedure "::tk::panedwindow::Motion" line 3)
> >     invoked from within
> > "::tk::panedwindow::Motion .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive
127
> > 35 "
> >     (command bound to event)

Tue, 28 Nov 2006 19:35:37 GMT
 bad option "identify"
The solution is to fix the TK widget bindings.

One option is to create a "splash" window and grab all events until your
GUI is completely created.

Quote:

> Tx Jay for your summery.
> Did found a way to solve this issue.
> Is there a way to supress the event fires?

> Actully I wrote an error handler, which ignors this error.
> TAB

>>I have had this problem also.  I'm trying to recall the details from
>>memory.  At some point, (8.3 I think), TK introduced some class bindings
>>on the TCL only widgets, that are define before any widgets are created
>>(i.e Motion) and that conflict with the iwidget bindings.  If the event
>>fires before the iwidget has reset the binding, this error occurs.  Both
>>TK and iwidgets have a Panedwindow class. The sporadic nature is because
>>if you don't have any mouse movement, the event does not fire until
>>after the iwidget has been finalized and the bindings changed.

>>Personally, I do not like the ideal of defining the bindings before the
>>   actual widget is created.  I'm sure there can be other problems like
>>this waiting to occur.  Moving the bind calls inside the widget create
>>procedure and making them specific to the widget would be much safer.

>>>I use iwidget::panewindow and I get sporadic this error.
>>>Do not find out way, and can not find anything in the source code.
>>>Any help for me?

>>> procedure ::tk::panedwindow::Motion:3: bad option "identify": should be

> one

>>>of...
>>>  .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive add tag ?arg arg ...?
>>>  .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive cget option
>>>  .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive childsite ?arg arg ...?
>>>  .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive component ?name? ?arg arg
>>>...?
>>>  .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive config ?option? ?arg arg

> ...?

>>>  .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive configure ?option? ?arg

> arg

>>>...?
>>>  .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive delete index
>>>  .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive fraction ?arg arg ...?
>>>  .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive hide index
>>>  .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive index index
>>>  .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive insert index tag ?arg arg
>>>...?
>>>  .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive isa className
>>>  .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive paneconfigure index ?arg

> arg

>>>...?
>>>  .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive reset
>>>  .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive show index
>>>    while executing
>>>"$w identify $x $y"
>>>    (procedure "::tk::panedwindow::Motion" line 3)
>>>    invoked from within
>>>"::tk::panedwindow::Motion .tnb.canvas.notebook.cs.page5.cs.workArchive

> 127

>>>35 "
>>>    (command bound to event)

Wed, 29 Nov 2006 17:54:11 GMT

1. bad option "_scrollWidget" when Freewrapped

2. TclError: bad option "<whatever>": must be cget or configure

3. Problem "bad option delta" with Scrollbar

4. bad selection option "from"

5. bad option "delete": must configure

6. string.join(["Tk 4.2p2", "Python 1.4", "Win32", "free"], "for")

7. Printing "bad" font

8. "ep": Bad News

9. "Bad Managers" website

10. "bad file descriptor" from tcp sockets

11. "bad synchronous description" in Xilinx WebPack

12. Checking strings for "bad" characters