a problem on windows 2000 professional.
Author Message
 a problem on windows 2000 professional.

Hi,

I have a Tcl script which does "exec" of a perl script in the
following manner.
    exec perl t.pl

When I run "wish" on this Tcp script on a windown 2000 machine, a DOS
command window pops up everytime the above "exec" is invoked. The
window disappears as soon as the command is over. I didn't get this
problem on an NT machine. Can anybody suggest what to do to suppress
those "command windows"?

Thanks,
Raghu.

Sun, 25 Jul 2004 02:49:12 GMT
 a problem on windows 2000 professional.

Quote:

>Hi,

>I have a Tcl script which does "exec" of a perl script in the
>following manner.
>    exec perl t.pl

>When I run "wish" on this Tcp script on a windown 2000 machine, a DOS
>command window pops up everytime the above "exec" is invoked. The
>window disappears as soon as the command is over. I didn't get this
>problem on an NT machine. Can anybody suggest what to do to suppress
>those "command windows"?

>Thanks,
>Raghu.

If you don't care about communication over pipes, try the winutils extension for
it's [winutils::launch] command.

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/tomasoft/winutils-0.5.zip
--

[species: human; planet: earth,milkyway,alpha sector]
Please be aware of the 7.5 year ping times when placing a call from alpha centari

Sun, 25 Jul 2004 04:57:15 GMT

1. is tcl programs running on windows 2000 professional and windows xp gives diff results

2. Windows 2000 Professional

3. Windows 2000 Professional and clipper debugger

4. About clarion 5.0 Enterprise edition and Windows 2000 Professional

5. Windows 2000 professional

6. Windows 2000 Professional

7. Clipper and Windows 2000 Professional

8. LabView 5.1 and Windows 2000 Professional

9. Microsoft Fortran Powerstation on Windows 2000 NT Professional

10. Compatibility between programs compiled in Microsoft Developer Studio V4.0 and Windows 2000 Professional

11. Windows 2000 window stacking (layering) problem

12. Clarion and 2000 Professional