Refactoring Tool for Tcl
Author Message
 Refactoring Tool for Tcl

I am stuck with a big application written by a domain expert, in
Tcl/Tk. I am trying to make sense of it and maintain it.

With that goal in mind, I am looking for some refactoring tools,
preferably open source, as this project is a pastime of mine.

Thanks,
SB

Wed, 07 Mar 2007 21:51:52 GMT
 Refactoring Tool for Tcl

Quote:

> With that goal in mind, I am looking for some refactoring tools,
> preferably open source, as this project is a pastime of mine.

emacs:-)

--
David N. Welton
Personal:                   http://dedasys.com/davidw/

Fri, 09 Mar 2007 04:18:43 GMT
 Refactoring Tool for Tcl
  Hello,

RamDe{*filter*}:

http://www.*-*-*.com/ {*filter*}

  Regards,
--
Ramon Rib
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Quote:

> > With that goal in mind, I am looking for some refactoring tools,
> > preferably open source, as this project is a pastime of mine.

> emacs:-)

> --
> David N. Welton
> Personal:                   http://www.*-*-*.com/
> Apache Tcl:                 http://www.*-*-*.com/
> Free Software:               http://www.*-*-*.com/
> Linux Incompatibility List: http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 09 Mar 2007 15:34:38 GMT
 Refactoring Tool for Tcl

Quote:
> I am stuck with a big application written by a domain expert,
> in Tcl/Tk. I am trying to make sense of it and maintain it.

> With that goal in mind, I am looking for some refactoring
> tools, preferably open source, as this project is a pastime
> of mine.

source navigator might help.  http://sourcenav.sourceforge.net/
Bob
--

Mayo Foundation                                 (507) 538-5495
200 First St. SW                            FAX (507) 284-9171

Fri, 09 Mar 2007 20:52:13 GMT
 Refactoring Tool for Tcl

Quote:
> With that goal in mind, I am looking for some refactoring tools,
> preferably open source, as this project is a pastime of mine.

It is not listed on these pages so far.
- http://www.refactoring.com/tools.html
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refactoring
- http://wiki.tcl.tk/refactor

Would anybody like to develop a TCL software for this application domain?

Fri, 09 Mar 2007 22:13:45 GMT
 Refactoring Tool for Tcl

Quote:

> I am stuck with a big application written by a domain expert, in
> Tcl/Tk. I am trying to make sense of it and maintain it.

> With that goal in mind, I am looking for some refactoring tools,
> preferably open source, as this project is a pastime of mine.

There are no tue refactoring tools for Tcl that I am aware of.  It
is actually rather the science project to make a refactoring tool
for dynamic languages, especially one as dynamic as Tcl.

There are realted tools that might help.  SourceNavigator and
Komodo have Tcl editors that show you the structure of your code
as well.  The Tcl Dev Kit has code analysis tools that give you a
full cross-referenced view of your app.  That's probably as close
to a refactoring tool as exists at this point.

--
     Jeff Hobbs, The Tcl Guy
     http://www.ActiveState.com/, a division of Sophos

Tue, 13 Mar 2007 00:15:09 GMT

1. Smalltalk like browsers, refactoring tools for C#/.NET?

2. refactoring tools for eiffel

3. Refactoring tool for Ruby...

4. Tools for refactoring code

5. ANNOUNCE: Smalltalk Refactoring Tool

6. Refactoring Browser. VSE Refactoring Browser

7. refactoring large tcl projects

8. ANNOUNCEMENT: Tcl Dev Kit (New Tcl tool suite based on TclPro)

9. Refactoring Browser News

10. how to use extract method refactoring

11. Refactoring Browser

12. Refactoring example