'permission denied' loading shared libraries
Author Message
 'permission denied' loading shared libraries

Hi

I have a problem where I have built a new extension to TCL8.0.5 (OraTcl)
on a HP 9000/770 running HP-UX 10.20 in the form of a shared library.
When I "package require" the shared library I get the error message
'permission denied'.  The problem seems to go away if a static library
is used.  Has anyone seen this problem before?

Thanks,
Jon Gadsden, Director               Alto Electronic Ltd

Sun, 21 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 'permission denied' loading shared libraries

Quote:

> When I "package require" the shared library I get the error message
> 'permission denied'.  The problem seems to go away if a static library
> is used.  Has anyone seen this problem before?

Have you checked the file permission bits of the shared lib?
Just an idea...

Lars

--
To reply, please remove "NoSpam_" from EMail-address!
Zum Antworten bitte "NoSpam_" aus der EMail-Adresse loeschen!

Fri, 26 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. load of Oratcl fails with permission denied message

2. why the auto load function don't work when I load a new library

3. Ratio between agent's share and consultant's share

4. Ratio between agent's share and consultant's share

5. can't load shared lib

6. Solaris - gcc linked tclsh can't load shared objects

7. I'm looking for examples of accessing shared libraries

8. /usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't find path for shared library: libcobccsupport.sl

9. Readl basic probem - can't import shared library modules on Linux

10. TK8.0 won't link shared library on Solaris x86

11. Can't Find Shared Library - TCL 8.0 (HP-UX)

12. tcl/tk won't compile shared libraries