Reading standard input
Author Message
 Reading standard input

This may seem like a dumb question, but how do i read the standard input
in TCL?
I'v been looking in the books i got, but "gets" do'nt seem to work.

Any suggestions?

Sun, 19 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Reading standard input

Quote:

> This may seem like a dumb question, but how do i read the standard input
> in TCL?
> I'v been looking in the books i got, but "gets" do'nt seem to work.

> Any suggestions?

Yes, complain about the 'gets' man page. ^_^

I believe

% gets stdin variable
<type 'stuff'>
5
% puts $variable
stuff

is what you're looking for.

--
Will Coleda                         http://www.coleda.com/
I said I didn't know."                       -- Mark Twain

Sun, 19 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Reading Standard Input in binary mode

2. read from standard input ....

3. read from standard input

4. Reading binary data from standard input on Windows

5. read-byte and *standard-input*

6. standard input and output question

7. VSE - Redirect Standard input/output

8. Standard Input Stream

9. RFI non-standard input sources

10. processing standard-input in a batch file

11. processing standard-input in a batch file

12. REXX BEAUTIES: delete files entered by standard input