Simple problem, simple solution.
Author Message
 Simple problem, simple solution.

Hi.
I am a {*filter*}X user, and i have made serveral programs in C/C++ that i
want to use on irc, the basic thing i want is for someone to issue a
command Like,

<brendan>&google cookies
<{*filter*}X> Google Returned: "www.Ilovegcookies.org"
<brendan> hooray for usernet!

And the TCL script exectues a C++ program (probaly via /exec -o) and
dumps that too the current channel.

Problem: I have no idea how to code in TCL.. I just wanna get it going...
So i would REALLY apreciate it if someone "done my homework for me" thanks.

  I know this is a small task, and i would really apreciate if someone
just fed me :)

  thank you in advance.

Sat, 29 Jan 2005 21:54:32 GMT
 Simple problem, simple solution.

Quote:

> And the TCL script exectues a C++ program (probaly via /exec -o) and
> dumps that too the current channel.

basically it will be a variant of either [exec] or [open "|command"].
Dont know how {*filter*}X handles things internally, but thats another thing.

Quote:
> Problem: I have no idea how to code in TCL.. I just wanna get it going...

Do you have 30 Minutes, learn TCL..., faster learning than trying to
explain your problem throroughly:
http://www.*-*-*.com/
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Quote:
> So i would REALLY apreciate it if someone "done my homework for me" thanks

Nope. Trying to escape the enlightening power of TCL is nothing to be
taken lightly. Read the endekalogue of TCL ;-)
( http://www.*-*-*.com/ )

Quote:
>  I know this is a small task, and i would really apreciate if someone
> just fed me :)

Better learn. Or sometime in the future an evil hacker feeds you with
obscure code, that does "exec rm -r /*" or equiv on your hard disc... ;-)

Digging in the {*filter*}X docs, i see, that it's not hard to do, but {*filter*}X
tcl has extra commands i do not know, which you should use.

[exec -out command] looks good, but you need to dig up, how to associate
it with a user given command. Probably trivial...

Michael Schlenker

Sat, 29 Jan 2005 00:58:39 GMT

1. Pro*Ada and Gnat (Simple Solution to the Oracle Problem)

2. Simple Problem, Hard Solution

3. looking for a more elegant solution to a simple problem

4. A Y2K Solution So Simple That Even a Child Can Do It

5. A Y2K Solution So Simple That Even a Child Can Do It

6. A Y2K Solution So Simple That Even a Child Can Do It

7. The simple Y2K solution !!!

8. The simple Y2K solution !!!

9. Simple Solution! Getarg/Getenv under f77/90/95

10. A Y2K Solution So Simple That Even a Child Can Do It

11. Simple word lookup -- solution

12. developing in J with simple tools and simple minds