itcl + server/client
Author Message
 itcl + server/client

I want to script a server and client in itcl. That means it will be
object-oriented later.
I did some scripts which are working, but not real good and with many bugs!
Has anyone a finished script which i can learn from, because i don't have
many
experience with socket programming...

Thanks in advance !

Sun, 25 Jul 2004 00:31:05 GMT
 itcl + server/client
Try these examples...

http://www.cab.u-szeged.hu/local/doc/tcl/SocketExample.html
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Tcl/Recipe/65436

Good luck...

Quote:

> I want to script a server and client in itcl. That means it will be
> object-oriented later.
> I did some scripts which are working, but not real good and with many bugs!
> Has anyone a finished script which i can learn from, because i don't have
> many
> experience with socket programming...

> Thanks in advance !

Sun, 25 Jul 2004 00:42:29 GMT
 itcl + server/client
Thank you very much for these URLs, i think it will give me a basic idea of
socket programming!
(It's hard to find tcl code)
But is there also any example for ITCL out there ??

Quote:
> Try these examples...

> http://www.cab.u-szeged.hu/local/doc/tcl/SocketExample.html
> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Tcl/Recipe/65436

> Good luck...

> > I want to script a server and client in itcl. That means it will be
> > object-oriented later.
> > I did some scripts which are working, but not real good and with many
bugs!
> > Has anyone a finished script which i can learn from, because i don't
have
> > many
> > experience with socket programming...

> > Thanks in advance !

Sun, 25 Jul 2004 01:15:08 GMT
 itcl + server/client
Itcl samples of simple socket programs can be found in Chad Smith's book
"[incr tcl] from the GOUND UP".  Very easy to follow examples too.

Quote:
> Thank you very much for these URLs, i think it will give me a basic idea
of
> socket programming!
> (It's hard to find tcl code)
> But is there also any example for ITCL out there ??

> > Try these examples...

> > http://www.cab.u-szeged.hu/local/doc/tcl/SocketExample.html
> > http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Tcl/Recipe/65436

> > Good luck...

> > > I want to script a server and client in itcl. That means it will be
> > > object-oriented later.
> > > I did some scripts which are working, but not real good and with many
> bugs!
> > > Has anyone a finished script which i can learn from, because i don't
> have
> > > many
> > > experience with socket programming...

> > > Thanks in advance !

Sun, 25 Jul 2004 04:28:58 GMT
 itcl + server/client
Go here: http://www.osborne.com/programming_webdev/0072121068/0072121068.shtml
to download all of the itcl code from Chad's book

Quote:

>Thank you very much for these URLs, i think it will give me a basic idea of
>socket programming!
>(It's hard to find tcl code)
>But is there also any example for ITCL out there ??

>> Try these examples...

>> http://www.cab.u-szeged.hu/local/doc/tcl/SocketExample.html
>> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Tcl/Recipe/65436

>> Good luck...

>> > I want to script a server and client in itcl. That means it will be
>> > object-oriented later.
>> > I did some scripts which are working, but not real good and with many
>bugs!
>> > Has anyone a finished script which i can learn from, because i don't
>have
>> > many
>> > experience with socket programming...

>> > Thanks in advance !

Marty Backe
-------------------------------

http://www.lucidway.org

Sun, 25 Jul 2004 13:23:35 GMT
 itcl + server/client
Thank you both very much for this stuff, i think it will help me !!

Quote:
> Go here:

http://www.osborne.com/programming_webdev/0072121068/0072121068.shtml
Quote:
> to download all of the itcl code from Chad's book

> >Thank you very much for these URLs, i think it will give me a basic idea
of
> >socket programming!
> >(It's hard to find tcl code)
> >But is there also any example for ITCL out there ??

> >> Try these examples...

> >> http://www.cab.u-szeged.hu/local/doc/tcl/SocketExample.html
> >> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Tcl/Recipe/65436

> >> Good luck...

> >bugs!
> >have

> Marty Backe
> -------------------------------

> http://www.lucidway.org

Sun, 25 Jul 2004 19:56:24 GMT

1. Itcl Client/Server ?

2. heavy server/light client is good [was Re: [Gem] Gemstone server performance]

3. Clipper with client server in SCOUNIX Open Server

4. VO Succesfuly created a Client/Server app using VO and MS-SQL Server

5. Cobol as a Server Language in a Client/Server World

6. itcl socket -server

7. itcl server

8. Telnet server/client

9. Mainframe - Client Server Connections

10. An accurate description of Client-Server

11. VA Smalltalk Google Web Service Service Client and Server Simulator Example

12. Client/Server Developer Needed in Sunny Charlotte, NC!